Mission Delta on 2012 Tige RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission Delta on 2012 Tige RZ2

We didn't do any reading before we tried out the Delta and our results were okay using our normal fully listed setup. The wake seemed a little longer without much loss of push or size.

And then I did a little research and realized that evenly weighting the boat was (supposedly) the ticket. With our 2300 lbs of rear ballast (nothing in the bow for the moment) I couldn't even get our boat up to speed. We have the 343 engine but that still seems weird. I could get to 9.1 mph but there was no wake at all. Is that consistent with anyone else's experience?

So we started draining both sides. Eventually we got to an okay wake. And then we drained too much and it disapeared again.

Eventually we went to surf side full and off side about half and that worked pretty well. Quite clean and powerful and much longer than we have ever had before.
    We mounted the Delta backwards above the cutout and as far back as possible and ran 10.8 or 11 mph.

I had replumbed the front pumps to speed the fillng of our rear bags but once I redo that we'll try some front ballast. I think that will help.

So far this is very promising but not as simple to set up as I'd hoped. I thought the dream of an unlisted boat and a 30 second switch was alive - but it seems not.

Has anyone had success with an unlisted RZ2 and the Mission Delta?
    Thanks in advance.

Front ballast will help a ton. It will give you a better transition and shape.

Comment

Front ballast first.

Then you may need a different prop. I'm in similar situation.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

Check this thread
        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...RZ2-on-youtube
        If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

JohnnieMo - do you have a prop recomendation? More low end power and less top end speed I'd guess?

WH - I've been all over that and every thread I can find! Thanks though.

Putting the plumbing back to stock tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by cameroon66 View Post
            We didn't do any reading before we tried out the Delta and our results were okay using our normal fully listed setup. The wake seemed a little longer without much loss of push or size.

And then I did a little research and realized that evenly weighting the boat was (supposedly) the ticket. With our 2300 lbs of rear ballast (nothing in the bow for the moment) I couldn't even get our boat up to speed. We have the 343 engine but that still seems weird. I could get to 9.1 mph but there was no wake at all. Is that consistent with anyone else's experience?

So we started draining both sides. Eventually we got to an okay wake. And then we drained too much and it disapeared again.

Eventually we went to surf side full and off side about half and that worked pretty well. Quite clean and powerful and much longer than we have ever had before.
            We mounted the Delta backwards above the cutout and as far back as possible and ran 10.8 or 11 mph.

I had replumbed the front pumps to speed the fillng of our rear bags but once I redo that we'll try some front ballast. I think that will help.

So far this is very promising but not as simple to set up as I'd hoped. I thought the dream of an unlisted boat and a 30 second switch was alive - but it seems not.

Has anyone had success with an unlisted RZ2 and the Mission Delta?
            Thanks in advance.
            I had your dream initailly of the unlisted boat and the quick switch. I quickly was so excited about the listed wave and the mission making it so much better that I gave up for the unlisted dreams for now. Our hulls are very similar, I am only running 1350 pounds of ballast and couldn't be any happier with the wave.
            Last edited by majestic; 08-04-2016, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
              I had your dream initailly of the unlisted boat and the quick switch. I quickly was so excited about the listed wave and the mission making it so much better that I gave up for the unlisted dreams for now. Our hulls are very similar, I am only running 1350 pounds of ballast and couldn't be any happier with the wave.
              You tried it or you didn't try? Why did you give up?

Comment

Originally posted by cameroon66 View Post
                JohnnieMo - do you have a prop recomendation? More low end power and less top end speed I'd guess?

WH - I've been all over that and every thread I can find! Thanks though.

Putting the plumbing back to stock tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!
                Look at this thread. I'm no expert. I'm trying to learn also.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...38-Prop-Change

There are a few options between the 2419 and the 2315.

Comment

Thanks Johnnie!

Comment

The wave didn't look as good as unlisted.
                    Last edited by majestic; 08-05-2016, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I have a 2011 RZ2. I might be interested in trying this. Good thread

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is on the way, should be here next week! 2008 Rz2. Man I hope this works out, I will post up my experiences when I get it and have a chance to test. Running an Acme 1235 with plenty of low end for surfing. I was sold when Wakemakers told me I have a 30day money back guarantee. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I just picked mine up yesterday and I'm spending all day at the lake today dialling it in (hopefully), 2014 RZ2 w/1235 prop and MLA bags. Will start a new thread with all my insight and pictures if I can this weekend. Goal is to get rid of listing as much as possible but I won't sacrifice the wave and 100% will take back if it doesn't improve the wave.

Comment

Big success for us thus far. Sometimes the suction cups don't hold perfectly and we have to restart but mostly this has been a home run.

We picked up a new prop (Acme 2079 which has been amazing) and are now running unlisted with the longest and most consistent wake we've ever had. Swaps take no time at all now (when we get it mounted properly the first time that is) and we have a great wake on both sides. Goofy wake used to be really inconsistent.

We now might need some more bow weight. It seems like we get a better weight without many bodies in the boat now but with more human ballast the nose comes up too high and we lose some push and length. More experimentation next year.

We are also interested in this product - but I'm concerned that it doesn't seem to have a leash.
                            http://www.swellwake.com/?gclid=CLmR...FQqPfgodJ88Kzg

Has anyone tried it?

Comment

Its a fancy suck gate!! Look around most of us built our own for 30$ 😂

Envoyé de mon SM-G900W8 en utilisant Tapatalk
                              if your not wet and smelling gas, you are not having fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X