No announcement yet.

Exhaust CO Scrubber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it is a catalytic converter as isn't that done before the water is mixed into the exhaust? I don't imagine one working too well with salt water passing through a cat.

I would also guess it's not a true scrubber as that would need a heck of a lot more kit than can fit into that. I would guess it's no more than a box...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisSnow View Post
      I don't think it is a catalytic converter as isn't that done before the water is mixed into the exhaust? I don't imagine one working too well with salt water passing through a cat.
      Good point. Though, I believe on my EX343 CAT engine there are sleeves *around* the actual cats through which cooling water is passed. I do not know that for a fact, but it's hard for me to believe that they'd run cats uncooled in some way in an enclosed engine compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
        Good point. Though, I believe on my EX343 CAT engine there are sleeves *around* the actual cats through which cooling water is passed. I do not know that for a fact, but it's hard for me to believe that they'd run cats uncooled in some way in an enclosed engine compartment.
        Yeah I'm pretty sure the sleeve is cooled. Though the gas passing through will not have water in it yet. It will then be mixed with raw water after the cat.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly. I was agreeing with you.

Comment

Presser https://centurionboats.com/centurion...s-two-patents/
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I like the idea. Kudos to Centurion for thinking outside the box. I'm not sure about the whole "exhaust interference in the wake or wave", can't say I've seen much I can blame on exhaust in waves and wakes I've enjoyed. But the dissipation of exhaust gases and reduction of noise level, without a big old pipe hanging down, is clever. I wonder how they handle coupling the (fixed) exhaust to the (moving) plate?

Comment

Working...
              X