Lake of the Ozarks Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake of the Ozarks Tips

We're heading to LOTO next week and we're bringing our boat. Anything I should know about the lake, unusual regulations, where to surf, places to eat, places to avoid etc?

We've rented a house on the South side of the lake (Grenelle Acres Dr). Any advice to make our time there more enjoyable is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not familiar with that part of the lake, looks like you are down by HA HA Tonka. That is a cool state park to explore and the water looks nice from up high (but it I think it can be shallow in that area). There is also an eclectic winery not too far from you that we like to visit called Casa de Loco (built on an old mental ward).

Its been a long time, but Captain Ron's is pretty popular. We are a long ways from there, and stay mostly in the other state park in the Grand Glaize Arm by Osage beach. We enjoy Dog Days, Shorty Pants and Red Head Yacht Club on the water.

Water patrol is pretty easy to deal with. Skier flag rules apply. make sure you reg numbers are visible on the bow.

I prefer to avoid the main channel on the weekends after 10am. Gets bumpy out there, lots of really big boats on that lake.

Comment

That end of the lake is very calm and will be plenty of places to surf. Be aware to stay at least 100ft or more away from docks or coved out boats when surfing or water police will make contact with you. Most likely won't see to many WP at that end though. Skier down flag and lights are the next thing they will stop you for but the WP at Loto are usually pretty easy to deal with imo.
      If you come out of the big arm to the north there are several on water places to eat. Place called niangua falls which is by the bridge of 2mm of the arm and has a swim up bar pool etc. also have Larry on the lake, fish and co, Bulldogs, and captain rons are a few within a 20 minute boat ride to you. All have excellent food and captains has a beach for kids to play.
      There are the caves,winery,and the ha ha tonka state park which is scenic in that area. If time allows make it to Osage by car or such and check things out. We like to go to Lake Ozark near the dam and get kids ice cream etc at night.
      Even driving the main strip is Osage is entertaining. Lots of nice boats to dream about!
      Not sure when you are coming but there will be a TO reunion starting this Friday and Saturday here on the Osage beach side as an FYI. Enjoy your trip!!

Comment

I'm not too familiar with that side of the lake as I'm on the opposite end by the dam. But like they said you won't get much boarding in after 10am on the weekends as it just gets way too rough.(not sure if that's how it is down there but) If you stay during the week it's usually fairly smooth almost all day if you can find a decent cove without waverunners running circles. And +1 for driving/walking up and down the strip. And if your up for an all day boat ride Jolly Rogers is a great restaurant

Comment

Thanks for the tips everyone! We will be arriving Monday and leaving Saturday. Looking forward to a relaxing vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought I should mention that LOTO has an app to find things its called "lake locator-lake of the ozarks" in your app store. Kinda helpful with restaurants, fuel, mile markers, etc.

Make a trip to Red head yacht club if time allows as the boats that come in and out of that place are amazing. All walks of life there also, and has a swim up pool for kids while adults hang out in the adult "pee pool" A+ food and service at the place. Dock girls not so bad either

Comment

So, you got off to a rainy start, but the lake where I am at is super quiet right now. Enjoy your stay!

Comment

Working...
              X