Equalizer issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equalizer issue

I have the MKII Exile EQ. I sent it in and had them fix/take a look at it. They said they fixed it and cleaned the inside. The AUX push button on it, seemed like it was causing a short. You would have to push it in and out a lot for it to finally play correctly. Any little wiggle or bump in a wave would make some speakers cut in and out...... Seemed weired. I got it back....seemed to work perfect for a while. Now today it started doing it again. Could there be another issue? It also was doing it while wiggling the subwoofer volume around as well 2 weeks ago but got home and plugged my boat's charger on it and it worked fine the next day. I think the 2 times I've came home and plugged it in, its worked fine. Only on the water. Usually not right away. But this time only 1 hour or so into boating. We sat for about 3 hours with the speakers only 1/4th up for about an hour. Started doing it on the way back to the dock.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Check the connection to the the little green plug at the back of the EQ. I had some issues with the same Exile unit and it was that the little screw that held the wire connection kept backing out and would be affected by the bouncing on the water. Could be a lot of other issues, but that is where I would start.

Comment

That seemed fine....any other ideas?

Comment

Anyone have some other ideas? We leave for the Ozarks next week and don't want to have it happen while we're down there!

Thanks!

Comment

Sounds like a bad mode switch or water intrusion. Either should be easy to spot if the manufacturer was inside. Sadly, i dont know what there was was to "clean" other than evidence of water intrusion. If thats what was cleaned, they should have warned you it was not a sure fix. A scope or meter could tell you if the mode switch was bad.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X