Tige Boat Show Incentives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Boat Show Incentives?

Did anyone purchase their boat over the last few years at a boat show? Does Tige tend to throw good incentives to dealers to push the boats at a show? I'm trying to gauge if I want to purchase a 2016 now or wait for the boat show to see what incentives are available?

I had the same situation. I think a dealer has a bit more flexibility at a boat show. I think it all comes down to being happy with the current year boat features or wait until new boat features and color options come out. However, you then deal with new year "price increases" so you really do not gain anything by waiting.
    I suggest if you are in the market, get it now and start enjoying your Tige. I would suggest to get a boat you want and can afford rather than skimping on boat options. You want to be happy with your boat from the start. It sounds like your dealer is going to take care of you anyway.
    Nick
    Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Tell your dealer you cant decide to buy now or wait. He wants you to buy now. Like RIGHT NOW. I bet the incentives could be pretty good if you do buy RIGHT NOW. Work them a little and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by NHarp1 View Post
        I had the same situation. I think a dealer has a bit more flexibility at a boat show. I think it all comes down to being happy with the current year boat features or wait until new boat features and color options come out. However, you then deal with new year "price increases" so you really do not gain anything by waiting.
        I suggest if you are in the market, get it now and start enjoying your Tige. I would suggest to get a boat you want and can afford rather than skimping on boat options. You want to be happy with your boat from the start. It sounds like your dealer is going to take care of you anyway.
        My dealer has been great..I couldn't ask for a better experience thus far so no worries there....what I didn't realize is that quote he gave me was for a 2017, not 2016 so its all that much better. If my boat sells on Tuesday like it sounds like it should I'll be signing the paperwork for my R21 that same day....They made a lot of the optional equipment from the 2016's standard equipment on the 2017's...I'm actually getting a lot of additional features that would have cost me a lot more in 2016 for a much smaller increase in 2017 vs picking them as options in 2016....I'm seriously crossing my fingers my boat sells on Tuesday....

Comment

I got a better deal when I ordered my boat during Tige's $5,000 winter incentive program.
          "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

I got duped on the boat show rebate. I bought with the $3,000 rebate in mind for the last model year boats. The salesman I dealt with did not seem to have any idea of the promotion. (He seemed new to the position). When I spoke with the regional rep for Tige.

the first excuse for not giving me the rebate was
            "you got a good deal, you don't need it"

the second excuse was
            "The dealer already had the rebate factored in to the price" I don't feel the dealer was aware of the rebate.

The final excuse was
            "For the dealer to receive the rebate, they need to place a replacement order for the same model, the rebate is given to the dealer and the dealer passes it onto the end customer." The dealer was overloaded with holdover inventory and did not intend to replace it at the current time.

The dealer offered in store credit for a fraction of the amount of the rebate, but still not what I expected when I signed on the dotted line. I feel if the rebate has so many loopholes, Tige should market it to the dealers and not on social media to the end user.

~~Buyer beware~~

Comment

My question is: why did you sign on the dotted line if the rebate wasn't in the sale of the boat?

Comment

I assumed it came from the manufacturer to the end consumer.

Comment

I can see that, especially since rebates are typically snail mailed for many other products.

Comment

My dealer mentioned that the boat show "incentives" aren't great incentives so maybe these problems are what he was hinting at.....

I just got off the lake today with a buyer for the boat..we are finalizing payment right now and I'll probably be signing the paperwork for a new R21 later this week!

Comment

That's awesome BurnMac. I've been following your situation hoping you'd land in a new boat. Well done sir!
                      "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Originally posted by WYTige? View Post
                        That's awesome BurnMac. I've been following your situation hoping you'd land in a new boat. Well done sir!
                        Thanks man! I'm pretty excited...the wife is "hesitantly excited"...she still thinks it's silly to get a new boat when our old one could do everything we wanted.....I won't lie I know it will never be a "smart" financial decision but it's the only debt we have and I've always kinda wanted a new boat..I guess you could call it my mid-life crisis at 33 lol...

Comment

I got my Tigé at the boat show 2 years ago. Id like to believe I got a really good deal that I don't think I could have gotten just walking into the dealer on any given day. Usually the boats at the show are nicely loaded, prices are much better, and the dealers seem to have more interest to make a deal happen as it costs them money to bring all the boats and booths to the boat show and they want to make as many sales as possible to make it worth their while. Good luck with the buy!

Comment

Working...
                          X