Tige RZX - how do I get the water out of the bow storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige RZX - how do I get the water out of the bow storage

So we upgraded from the 2013 Z3 to the 2016 RZX. Love the front storage, but the water is driving me nuts. this pic is of no less than 4 gallons of water from the weekend and we never buried the front end. this is just kids dripping wet and jumping off the nose. Anyone solved this problem? if I install drain plugs will the water get to the back drain? looking for any suggestions other than a dipping or siphoning it out all the time.

TIGE WATER (2).jpgTIGE WATER (2).jpg

I'm assuming that u can drill a plug an it will get out the back. I really want to c more pics of ur boat though. Please an thanks

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Comment

Did this on my 2005 24V. It may help you figure out a solution for your boat....hope it helps
      http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...Drains-Install

Comment

Any idea what is under there? Would hate to see you drill a hole into a hard tank or ballast bag.
        My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

That is my concern as well. Might have to look into it as the water killing me

Comment

The battery's are located at the FWD part of the observer storage compartment if I remember correctly so that would be just to the AFT of where this locker is. The rear bags on the RZX and ASR start from the back of the boat and run almost but not quite half way down the long bench seat. The bow bags start just after that and run FWD to about the middle of the observer locker (same location on the port side). These compartments used to have soft sided bags in the ASR's for awhile...that compartment is tapered to the center if it were me I would drill a small hole and put a rubber or metal insert and attach a piece of tubing to run it down into the bilge. You could maybe even tie into the cooler storage compartment's drain if you really wanted too I haven't looked at that compartment a ton just going by memory.

Comment

There should be a drain up there already.

Pull the Black Dividers out (if you can) and see if there is a drain hole from the factory.

Comment

Was a drain plug ever discovered? I’ve encountered similar on my 2016 RZX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was a drain plug ever discovered? I’ve encountered similar on my 2016 RZX

Comment

They hadn’t put mine in, from the factory. Tige sent me a couple to drill in. I used to keep one of these on the boat, which served a dual purpose, fun in water fights and easy to pump that water out, then I’d just towel dry. The drains are definitely recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I want the drain
                      Picture?
                      Did you get the train from Tige or a dealer?
                      Or do I need to create?

Comment

Originally posted by teachercop View Post
                        I want the drain
                        Picture?
                        Did you get the train from Tige or a dealer?
                        Or do I need to create?

Tige sent it to me. I haven’t pulled them out, but the top looks exactly like what’s in the surf locker. It must go through a couple of layers of something, because it has couple inch long tube hanging from it. Basically it looks like a rubber grommet with a tube coming off the bottom. You drill like a 3/8” or 1/2” hole, and it drops right in. I’ll get a picture of mine for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just get a sucktion machine or you can get container boxes for next time in order to utilize the storage so u can dump the extra water.
                          Source: Clear Plastic Box Pack of 10

Comment

The had a rzx with the same issue and I drilled 2 holes one in each side and problem solved .
                            surf till u die.

Comment

Same, but mine actually had holes in them that just needed to be unclogged.

Comment

Working...
                              X