A little 6th of July action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little 6th of July action

6th of July is my favorite day for boating by far. It's like fall boating with warm water

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Damn it's good to see someone still slalom skiing!

Comment

Your little boat camp spot seems to rule. Nice work, Bakes.

That's one of the nicest slalom photos I've seen in a long time. Not just in its scene and execution but, nice form man. Textbook.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

It's like a mini lake Powell. Except without the logistical nightmare, cost and competition for camp sites.

So many great days out on that lake. It took a while to figure out Colorado but I think we have it dialed. When I retire from the military in 4 yrs I'm getting a small houseboat and living on the lake 2-3 days a week all summer and fall.
        Last edited by Bakes5; 07-09-2016, 03:19 AM.

Comment

I'm just gonna show up there one day. Hopefully.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Awesome pictures! Where is this secrete Powell like lake you speak off? If you're willing to tell.

Comment

Bakes always has great pictures!

Comment

OK, I'll share....
                cliff0009.jpg
                IMG_5015.jpg

Comment

Bakes5 - what lake is that? Any special location on the lake you like better than others?

Comment

A little off topic but are you guys using GoPro's for those shots?

Comment

Speaking for myself: The cliff jumping shot is my son's GoPro knockoff mounted in a tree. The waterskiing shot is my wife's Canon DSLR with a fast 200mm lens (it was almost dark, should have removed the summertime polarizer).

Comment

We go to Lake Pueblo. It can be a rough and busy lake and is filled with absolute idiots. That said, for the most part, that crowd is inherently lazy and does not get onto the lake until 1100 or so. We usually get the evening water until dark, camp out, wake up 15 min before sunrise, walk 25 yards to the boat, first pull a couple minutes before sunrise (*sun coming up while skiing/riding is my favorite) and then just ski, ride, foil until we can't hang on anymore. Wind and other boats typically start coming at about 9:30. Then we surf and wake scooter for a bit. Maybe break out a tube. Then hit the cove, do a little jumping and eat some lunch. We head towards the marina around noon and by then the lake is a washing machine that I am all to happy to leave.

image.jpg

Comment

Sleeping in the boat. So sweet.

image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X