Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22Ve owners - where do you put your trash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22Ve owners - where do you put your trash?

In my second summer with my 2008 22Ve - and for trash we just kind of hang a kitchen bag from a tower handle. It's ugly and a PITA.

Has anyone found a more elegant solution? I was thinking about modifying the storage area on the port side walk through to create spring-loaded trash access door and put a small kitchen can on the inside...

We use either a regular cooler in the bow center under the bow filler and use the ice chest under the rear observer seat as a trash can. But it only holds maybe a case of cans.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

A friend keeps a tall, skinny trash can in the driver footwell. Not very glamorous.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I don't allow trash on my boat

Comment

trash goes back into the cooler. take out a full, put in a crushed empty. as far as food, we usually keep non-cooled food in a plastic bag. goes back inside when done.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by lancehon View Post
            I don't allow trash on my boat
            I needed a like button, I would be this way unfortunately not everyone shares my views.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Well, between small children eating crumbly things and adult beverages - an 8 hour lake day generates a pretty substantial amount on mine....

I saw something on a Moomba forum where a guy ratcheted a kitchen trash can under a cup holder - then removed the cup holder to drop trash in almost like a hidden laundry chute. I like it...

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                We use either a regular cooler in the bow center under the bow filler and use the ice chest under the rear observer seat as a trash can. But it only holds maybe a case of cans.
                Off topic but....I took out my cooler.... what a waste of space. That areas is huge and fits my tool box, spare impellars and removal tool, two wakeboard helmuts, all my docklines, all my wakesurf/wakeboard lines, and there is still more room for things. Best thing I did was remove that thing. I think the Ve has the same small kidney shaped cooler under the observer seat?
                Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

^ yes, my 09 does as well. That's not a bad idea. I do use it for wobbly pops but I'd probably better off using a different cooler bag and utilize the space better.

09 also added a trash can in the walk through up front.

Comment

For a long time, we used a bag tied to the front windshield pillar; stashing it when under way. My wife got tired of it and found a narrow bin to slide under the center bow filler cushion. Works good as long as you have bags and most of your trash is dry stuff.... All empty cans/plastic bottles go in the rear deck compartments until the end of the day - kids recycle them!

Comment

Originally posted by rhoadsdj View Post
                      I saw something on a Moomba forum where a guy ratcheted a kitchen trash can under a cup holder - then removed the cup holder to drop trash in almost like a hidden laundry chute. I like it...
                      This is a great idea! I think I'm going to look into doing this. Thinking about it, the cup holder on the port side of the boat, to the left of the stereo deck would be a perfect spot.

I've got a few things I need to do first, if anything comes of this I will be sure to take pictures.

Comment

I have an 11 22ve and there is a built in trash can in the walk way to the bow.

Comment

I use this in my RZ4, we love it and have never had issues with it falling off. You can buy the liners from HBP but we just buy trash bags for waste baskets at the store and use those.

image.jpg

Comment

I use a Home Depot homer bucket that I keep in the port side storage under the stereo. Out of site, easy to remove, empty, and clean out and no bags needed.

Comment

My 11 22ve has a built in trash can. It goes in the walk way under the stereo.

Comment

Working...
                              X