Help with young Wake boarder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with young Wake boarder

Hey guys, we have some friends coming to the lake in a couple weeks. They have a 8 year old that wants to do some wake boarding. He's roughly 65lbs and has a 28" board. Just wondering what speed, rope length and anything else I might need to know. I grew up skiing and now surf, so never really got into the boarding. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.learnwake.com/videos/teac...how-to-get-up/

Comment

Do everything this video says. I followed 75% of it with my 7 year old daughter. Day 1 she popped up every time but couldn't ride very long. Day 2 she could ride 20-30 seconds at a time. Day 3 she can ride as long as she wants. We're working on edging back on forth now.

I tow her at 10mph on a 55ft. rope but she only weighs 50 lbs. You probably want the same rope length but more like 12 mph.

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The slower you pull the bigger and more washed out the wake will be. For young kids this is intimidating. I find using a 65 foot rope and pulling around 16-19 mph with taps 3 (07 22VE) puts them on a sweet spot on the wake where there is very little wash and it's not that big.

Comment

Working...
          X