Boat Cover for 2005 22v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat Cover for 2005 22v

Hi everyone, I would appreciate some help from the group.

My boat has the E-Series Tower. The closest one looks to be the Westland cover for the 2006 22v (an exhaustive internet search comes up with nothing for the '05 with factory tower - which I hope is what the E-series is). The cover I'm looking at is:

Westland Custom Fit Boat Cover, TIGE 22 V w/FACTORY TOWER COVERS PLATFORM I/O, 2006-2006

The dimensions of the boat look identical. I know the transom design of 05 vs. the 06 is a little different but I'm hoping it won't matter as the cover I want will cover the swim platform.

Will this cover work?

http://dealerguide.carvercovers.com/boats/display/36058

Comment

Thanks Lee. Unfortunately that cover goes over the whole tower. I'm wanting a standard cover so I have the option of towing with it when needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

http://dealerguide.carvercovers.com/boats/display/16602

Comment

Lee - thanks i have been looking for something like this. Its perfect as mine sits on a lift all year round. I love the price too. thanks again.

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Westland cover described above fits my 05 22v perfectly. I paid $390 + shipping.

IMG_0009.JPGIMG_0010.JPG

Comment

I have the same boat 05 22V but red/white. I need a new cover as well. You mention your cover is a Westland cover? The links from the other response are carver covers. Can you send a link from the website that you purchased the cover you have pictured above? Thanks.

Comment

Here's the specific info for the Westland cover I ordered for my 2005 Tige 22v with factory Type E tower.

I ordered it from discountmarinesource.com as I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else. I paid $391 + shipping. Received the cover in about 7 days.

http://discountmarinesource.com/p-22...2006-2006.aspx
                Part Number: WLD-TG69079
                Description: Westland Custom Fit Boat Cover, TIGE 22 V w/FACTORY TOWER COVERS PLATFORM I/O, 2006-2006

Hope this helps!

Comment

Does it get any tighter. Looks like it would hold water and sag in several spots

Comment

Could you take a closeup pic of where the cover goes around tower base?
                    Also is that as tight as it goes? I don't see any support poles so I assume it would fit tighter.
                    The first rain would have pools in the bow and cabin. Plus couldn't trailer being that loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was billed as a custom fit cover by Westland. It will not fit tighter. You would need poles or a support system if you kept your boat outside. Same goes for the original cover that came with the boat - it was fancier but the fit is similar. It may be trailerable with all the straps mounted and tensioned but I would only test it only if I had to.

Comment

Originally posted by Captainkurk72 View Post
                        Could you take a closeup pic of where the cover goes around tower base?
                        Also is that as tight as it goes? I don't see any support poles so I assume it would fit tighter.
                        The first rain would have pools in the bow and cabin. Plus couldn't trailer being that loose.

Here are a couple close up pics of the tower. The cover fits well. It's obviously not the same fit as a totally custom cover but it is pretty good. If I put the straps on it tensions pretty well but it still would require a pole or other support for the cockpit area. The bow is tight and requires no support to drain well. IMG_0011.JPGIMG_0012.JPG

Comment

The Hangtyte system would work nicely to put some tension on the cover. It pulls up from your tower, requires you to cut the cover and mount the attachment piece but done correctly i think it would work great. I believe it eliminates need for supports underneath. I will get when i order my replacement cover.

Comment

I ordered one for my 2003 22V last week. It shipped Friday so should have it by the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy View Post
                              Here are a couple close up pics of the tower. The cover fits well. It's obviously not the same fit as a totally custom cover but it is pretty good. If I put the straps on it tensions pretty well but it still would require a pole or other support for the cockpit area. The bow is tight and requires no support to drain well. [ATTACH]43760[/ATTACH][ATTACH]43761[/ATTACH]

Thanks. The pics show what I was hoping to see. For cost it's hard to beat. I will be ordering one for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X