Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I do to tastefully and "correctly" upgrade the look of my Tige?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do to tastefully and "correctly" upgrade the look of my Tige?

I have a 2002 20i, the boat is mostly white with the black and yellow stripe down the side, and a greyscale Tige logo on the sides.
    20160611_191021[1].jpg

It's a nice looking boat, but I'm wanting to do some minor customization of some sort. I don't want to "rice" it out by any means. Just give it some "pop" visually.

I was thinking maybe getting new Tige decals (in color, and maybe in a newer style?) and replacing the greyscale logos.

What do you guys think? Is this "acceptable" in the community? Would other Tige owners think I'm an idiot, or trying to pass of my boat as something it isn't?

And, if this is a good idea, any thoughts on which decals to get and where to get them?

It also has the stock tower, painted white. It could use a fresh coat of paint, and I was thinking of color matching the yellow and painting it yellow. Again, acceptable? or no?

Im a big fan of, "less is more". If it was mine and I had money to spend on the look, I'd leave the graphics the way they are and just update the tower with a new one. I think they look fine and represent our "classic" Tige's well. A new tower, though, will really make the boat shine and make people think it is a new boat.

Comment

Nice boat BTW! I had an 01 20i with the same graphic and was like you and always wanting a little more color on it. I'd start with some vinyl graphics or a wrap to update it. Several on here have done wraps so do some searching.

As far as painting the tower may want to have it powder coated instead it will hold up better over time.

Wakegraphics.com may help and I think at one time tige was and maybe still uses them for custom jobs. Think there is a graphic place in Denver CO that WWS uses also that does some sick stuff also. Good luck
      Last edited by JLG; 06-30-2016, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
        Im a big fan of, "less is more". If it was mine and I had money to spend on the look, I'd leave the graphics the way they are and just update the tower with a new one. I think they look fine and represent our "classic" Tige's well. A new tower, though, will really make the boat shine and make people think it is a new boat.
        I can second this...people always looked shocked when I tell them my boat is a 2000 after I put the new tower on it and removed the old graphics....

Comment

Leave the graphics alone! They look great. A new tower, as stated would absolutely be the way to go.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

x2 - I would also sand that swim deck down to the bone, and re-oil it. It's not in terrible shape, but you would be amazed with how nice it will look once it's redone.

Comment

That boat looks to be in great shape. If it were me, I would actually remove the black and yellow line. If you felt it looked too naked, I would replace the line with something that is a closer match to the Tige decal.

Upgrading the tower would make a HUGE difference as well.
              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                That boat looks to be in great shape. If it were me, I would actually remove the black and yellow line. If you felt it looked too naked, I would replace the line with something that is a closer match to the Tige decal.

Upgrading the tower would make a HUGE difference as well.
                Thanks! The black and yellow line is actually in the gelcoat so I'm hesitant to remove it. Tige logo and the graphic are decals. As far as I know, this is how it came from the factory.

I agree about upgrading tower. I'll have to research that, because by the time I buy a new wakeboard rack ($90), and spend the time prepping it for powdercoat, and then the expense of powdercoat... I can probably get a new tower!

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                  x2 - I would also sand that swim deck down to the bone, and re-oil it. It's not in terrible shape, but you would be amazed with how nice it will look once it's redone.
                  Bad pic. I actually did that last spring and it was amazing looking. This spring all I did was throw 2 more coats of oil on it and it still looks really good. We only used it for 4 outings last year so it got almost zero "wear" - just the sitting for the winter kinda let the oil dissipate.

Comment

20160610_152005[1].jpg
                    Here's a pic from after I re-oiled this spring.

Comment

I personally love a white boat. If it were me I would remove the existing decals and buy the standard "chrome max" 3d Tigé decal from the Tigé store. I think the chrome and white is an awesome combo

Then consider some minor but tasteful decals for the sides. Something that flows with the boat.

If you are still wanting more, tint the windshield.

A wrap is another option. They are great for protection and looks. However it's really a personal decision how to do one up.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv

Comment

Oh and thanks everyone for the advice and compliments. That pic was taken before I had it wet sanded, buffed and waxed this spring. It really is in near perfect condition, especially the gelcoat. A few minor tears in the vinyl and one seam has blown out... the tower could use refurbish or replaced. Oh, and the best thing is when I bought it (last July), it had 5 hours on a brand new engine (receipts from a reputable ski boat marina). We love it!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                          If it were me I would remove the existing decals and buy the standard "chrome max" 3d Tigé decal from the Tigé store.

Hmmm, not being lazy but I can't find that on the store.tige.com site... is that where I'm supposed to be looking?

Comment

Your deck looks awesome! The first picture just didn't do it justice!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X