TAPS Guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS Guage

Do the gauges on the TAPS system go out often? Where can I buy a gauge? The plate still moves but noting on the gauge. Dumb questions but should I assume up brings the plate up and down on the switch pushes the plate down? Sorry new boat for us.

I have a 99 21v and will be replacing my gauges soon (My Tach was broken so I put in a new one and now the rest look aged). My gauges are made by Faria. Here is a link to a few Taps gauges. Not sure which ones you have, my gauges are "Chesapeake White."

http://www.oempartsllc.com/fariacustomtige.aspx

Comment

Great, Thanks. Are the easy to replace?

Comment

I haven't changed my Taps gauge, but the Tach was very easy. Take the negative battery cable off the of the battery and then crawl under the helm and take the wires off of the old gauge and put them back on the new gauge in the same order. Hook the battery back up and try it out. For the Tach is was a 10-15 minute project. I can't imagine the others being different. If it doesn't work, then the issue might not actually be the gauge...

Comment

Most likely it is not the gauge. When I bought my boat I had the same issue, where the plate moved but the gauge didn't read. I started by replacing the gauge, but the problem still persisted. In my case I needed to replace the whole actuator. Even though the actuator moved there was a little spring inside that was not sending the reading to the gauge. It sounded like bumpkiss to me, but when I swapped it out everything was reading fine. Both were easy swaps. So this should be something that you can tackle easily.

Comment

Is there a thread someone can point me to for the actuator?

Comment

I had the same issue. Mine was also the actuator. There is a sending unit in the actuator that tells the gauge where it is. I called bennet and they where very helpful and actually warranty swapped my actuator for me. You can replace that sending unit in the actuator if you dont want to swap the whole actuator as well. Swapping the actuator was very easy it un bolts from the taps plate and you take the 3 screws out of the transom and it comes off. There is a green wire that goes through the transom with the hydrolic line, hook both of them back up put some silicon on the transom screw it back and bolt it to the taps plate and your done. Only took 1-2 hours. The gauge has 2 bolts with nuts on them that hold it to the dash behind it that comes out very easy as well.

Comment

I have the same problem. Mine is a '04 24V and has one actuator. Where can you get the actuator?

Comment

look to see if it is a hydraulic or electric actuator then you can order them on ebay, from most boat stores or call Bennett directly. The hydraulic will have a pump with a black tube going to the actuator in the back of your boat (transom area), if no pump is there its a electric actuator.

Comment

I have bought a 1998 2100v and replaced the Bennett Hydraulic pump. The trim tab moves up and down now but the gauge was already disconnected and I am need help on hooking it back up. I can not seem to find a wiring diagram for this. Can anyone help, I have a green 2 conductor wire with shielding but when attach that to gauge nothing. I think that I might not be hooking up correctly, not sure where to attach green wires or power. Thanks.

Comment

Skibumsd, what boat were you referring to here?

We have a year 2000 2100V limited, and are needing to replace the actuator with sensor as well.

Do you know what the part number was for your replacement?

CC3003S
                      or CC3003SASS

??

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X