2011 RZ4 Swim Platform Bracket Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 RZ4 Swim Platform Bracket Broken

Hey all. Had a sucessful day on the water this saturday...... A successful day of things breaking!!! First my wakeboard rack cracks at the bolt, pics below. What I am most concerned about though and want to get fixed by friday is my swim platform bracket snapped where the pin goes in. Pictures below as well. Does anyone know where I could order this besides straight from a dealer? Anyone know the part number? I have a suspicious feeling that I wont get it in time from the dealer as I have not even heard back on timing of delivery of the part and I called first thing this morning. I have a buddy who welds for a living and he said he could make one, but I didnt know if that would be a good idea. Let me know your thoughts! P.S. Don't mind the dirtiness, the boat is spotless now!!!

IMG_1417.jpgIMG_1418.jpgIMG_1420.jpgIMG_1421.jpg

Ouch. Me thinks if your buddy is a good welder he could fix and/or make a new swim platform bracket. The clamping racks...not so sure

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      Ouch. Me thinks if your buddy is a good welder he could fix and/or make a new swim platform bracket. The clamping racks...not so sure
      Apparently he is really good, but I still wonder if having the actual part is better. Does anyone have an idea of where to get this part fast?

Comment

http://www.alloymarine.com/indexII/swimdeck.htm

Comment

I have used a lot of good welders and machine shops and I would go with Lee's link for that.
          "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Got any ballpark pricing on those, lee?
            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
              Got any ballpark pricing on those, lee?
              I am interested to know as well lee!

Comment

As far as the board rack I had one break in a similar spot and it seemed price was a couple hundred or so.

Comment

http://www.waterskis.com/TP03-2-RB02...tform_Brackets

$250

Comment

I was quoted $186 from alloy marine for the full bracket system for one side. So the bracket that mounts on the boat and the piece on the platform. Contacted them back with my bolt dimensions and I am waiting to hear back. Hoping they can fit and get them to me quick as I need them by friday!

Comment

Just got off the phone and ordered a set of brackets from Mike at alloy marine. Great guy and I am excited for the product to get here and get on the boat!

Comment

I have an RZ4 and one of my brackets went last season. If on starboard side easy install. If on port side as mine was it is tougher as battery platform blocks access. You have to take screws out and then "push" battery platform up toward bow. Harvey Smith at Tige was great and talked us through it late on a Friday as, like you, we had lots of people coming down that weekend. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did Mike follow through? I sent my brackets in to him last month (emailed w/ tracking number and he responded to that), but haven't heard from him since! Multiple phone calls, voicemails, and emails. NOTHING. Getting concerned...

Comment

Working...
                          X