Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose Throttle Lever

Hi All,

This is my first season with my new to me 2008 22ve and I love it so far! One quirk I noticed is that the throttle does not hold it's position well. For example, if I am cruising above 15 mph and go over another wake, the throttle will fall into a faster position with each bump. This can make driving in chop somewhat painful. Because of this, I have to hold the throttle at all times while cruising. My thoughts about why it happens is because the throttle lever has a heavy aluminum head. Is this normal, or is there a spring or something that can be adjusted?

Thanks in advance!

Mine does the opposite it backs off when I hit a wake and some time it will happen in smooth waters but that's not often.

Comment

I'm not positive on how to adjust this but I can tell you it's not normal. I have an 07' 22VE, my buddy has an 08'. Neither of our boats do this.

Comment

Thanks for confirming, it Any idea what the brand of the throttle manufacturer is?

Comment

My 2009 22Ve does this (advances on a hard chop at speed). Basically the throttle level needs more resistance/friction. I haven't looked at the assembly to see what the fix would be. Love to get the answer here!

Comment

Hi folks. I'm having the same problem with a brand new 2016 Z1. Throttle runs away on me. And pretty quickly too. Anyone hear of a fix yet? I put a call into service this morning and am hoping to hear back soon.

Comment

I have the same issue on my 21v. Mine slowly backs off even in calm waters. When wakeboarding I have to bury the throttle all the way down and have PP take over and make sure the throttle is pushed as far down as possible or it slowly moves back to the neutral position.

I agree very annoying. I would think it's just a screw or something to tighten behind the throttle??

Any ideas?

Comment

My 2016 Z1 had the same exact problem. When I took it in for the first service they said they adjusted the throttle linkage but I thought these boats have the fly by wire technology like modern cars, so who knows. It is repaired so that's all that matters.

Comment

My 2015 Z1 does the same thing. Any choppy water causes it to accelerate. I'd be interested to hear how to add a bit more "friction" to the lever

Comment

Anyone have a fix?

Comment

I believe theres 2 allen screws. One to adjust the neutral detent and another to adjust tension on the handle. Cant remember which one is which. Livorsi is who makes it. They may have a manual on their site. If you take off your throttle you need to loosen the set screw on the bottom of the cover plate to access the screw heads. This tiny allen often strips and then it gets fun.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X