09 Z1-broken swim platform brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

09 Z1-broken swim platform brackets

NEED HELP... I can't have a season ending problem first weekend out-came home, climbed on swim platform to unload boat and it was bouncy, uh oh, that's not right, looked under neath and saw this... One side broke clean off and other side cracked. It was fine when I strapped on cover to head home. My first thought was someone tagged me in the rear, but no markings or evidence of that on swim platform. Is it a structural defect fatigued over time? Wear item? Next, how to fix it? Order new brackets? Take it to fab shop and have them reweld and reinforce it? Appears to be aluminum.
    Friends don't let friends POWERTURN

image.jpgHere is a pic...
    Last edited by Dave S; 05-30-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

As your Facebook comments say. I'm sure you can get it welded.

Comment

Other side cracked but did not come off... Thank god it didn't come off and hit another car.

Comment

Boat did not hit dock. Maybe two people at most were on swim platform, heck I only towed a tube for 1/8 mile this weekend

Comment

Yes, I posted in both places because I am not sure who is on the website and who is on the Facebook page. But, yes if you were one of the people were giving me advice thank you, I am looking for a welding shop now.

Comment

Dave S - What was the final resolution? Were you able to have it welded back together? Did they have to make you a new bracket, etc? Thanks

Comment

I took it to a local fab shop, they welded the entire length of bracket on both sides and added an additional gusset on each side. From factory there was only two welds on each side about 1" long. I'll try to get a pic next time I'm near the boat.

Comment

Working...
                X