Metal Fabricating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Fabricating

Any TO's do CNC and welding, specifically on aluminum? Need a new source for some aluminum tower speaker adapters I designed, after my local shop took 6 weeks to make 2 sets and then invoiced me for nearly double what the price written on my art work when I left with the finished product. They have basically blown me off and dont want my biz.

Not looking for favors, just a shop that is interested in doing small orders and willing to give me a reasonable time frame on completion.

This is what im needing to get done http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/showth...roup-Buy/page2

Thanks,
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

I could help with any CNC plasma work as well as any welding, just not on aluminum. Are these parts already in DXF files or do you need parts to be drawn as well?

Comment

They are not in a usable file like DFX or other.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We do Laser, waterjet, welding and machining at my shop. All CNC. send me a file and i'll get you a quote.

Comment

Originally posted by skinut11 View Post
          We do Laser, waterjet, welding and machining at my shop. All CNC. send me a file and i'll get you a quote.
          PM me your email and ill reply back with what I have.

Thanks,

Comment

There are a lot of CNC shops in Wyoming that are dying to add any line of work right now. Oil prices are low, low, low.
            If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

One of my close friends owns a machine shop doing mostly aluminum work, and just right up the road in Concord/Harrisburg

https://www.facebook.com/Protodyne/

Comment

Originally posted by Peadad1 View Post
                One of my close friends owns a machine shop doing mostly aluminum work, and just right up the road in Concord/Harrisburg

https://www.facebook.com/Protodyne/
                Awesome thanks, ill look him up thanks for the FB link.

Who should i say referred me?
                Last edited by chpthril; 05-14-2016, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  Awesome thanks, ill look him up thanks for the FB link.

Who should i say referred me?
                  Brandon. Though, I've already given him a heads up; so he knows who you are.

Comment

Hard to believe, its been 11 months and im still looking for someone interested in building these for. Was ready to order 10 sets over 3 weeks ago when communication went silent. Ive since lost 3 clients.

Any other TO members here into his line of work or have a reference to someone you know or has done this type of work for you? These can be cut from stock and a little welding. Got a quote for billet CNC'd, but the lowers were not cost effective. Seemed that fabrication route was far more cost effective and no cosmetic finish concerns since these will be powder coated.

Given that we are this far into the spring upgrade season and 3 lost sales, im not in a hurry now, but still need to get an avenue for these.

Comment

None of the guys on this thread worked out?

Comment

Nope. After emailing one that PM'd me his email, I followed with a PM to see if he got my email. Never heard a thing from either email or PM.

Took 3 months to get a quote from another, then went silent a few weeks back after it was agreed that doing this all by CNC billet was not cost effective. After that last conversation, I thought these would be under production. but after no further response, ive lost the sales because I can not even promise delivery, not to mention a deliver date.

Comment

Do you not have more than one local metal fab shop? It seems really strange that nobody is willing to work with you.

Comment

I can help Mike, I'll call you tomorrow. Thought this was handled already for you.
                            Germaine Marine
                            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Can you give us a better idea of what you're trying to do? I offered my services, but you never followed up with me. I don't have the capability to weld aluminum, but that part is easy for me to outsource. I can probably do the rest. If it has been suggested to mill it, it must be a pretty small part. Hit me up....worst case I'll at least tell you I can't do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X