No announcement yet.

05 22v with MP 340 5.7L Wont Start - Diagnosing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, if you replace the cap, make sure you put the plug wires on the exact order they came off. I'm sure you already know this, but just being thorough.

Comment

If you're removing the plug wires anyway, try (briefly) cranking the engine with them off and then pull the plugs. They should have fuel on them, from the injectors squirting fuel that remained unignited due to disconnected plug wires.

Comment

If you have a auto stethascope put it on an injector while some one is cranking the engine and listen for a click , normally when they are clogged they wont click , your noid light indicated that the ECM was firing them so this ussually will confirm if their clogged.

Comment

Any luck getting your boat figured out?

Comment

Apologies for the delay. Ordered some parts online and they took their sweet time to get here.

New cap and rotor + new plug wires fixed the issue. It must've been cross firing and the timing was all off. Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Hey any chance you still have the link to where you found the plug wires? I have an '08 20v with a 340hp 5.7 mp. I was out yesterday, Thanksgiving day, with some family that was in town. We were cruising along at about 30mph when all the sudden the rpms dropped out and we heard some weird clanking sounds from the engine. Couldn't get it started back up and after getting towed back home from the only other boat out on the lake, I found that one of the plug wires had come off and is so loose it won't hardly stay on. Boat has ~800 hrs on it. Plugs are only about 25 hours old and distributor is new as well, but hadn't replaced the wires and am having a tough time finding them. Even after reconnecting the wire I wasn't able to get the boat started back up, but hoping it was just too flooded at that point and there isn't other collateral damage. Thanks!

Comment

http://marineenginedepot.com/MP/Part...ries&TCid=2000

Comment

Awesome thanks! I think these must be what I need: http://marineenginedepot.com/MP/Mari...Fuel-Injected/ . Btw do each of these wires need to go on a particular location?

Comment

Working...
                  X