Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat

Hopefully a quick question and I tried the search function to find the thread I'm thinking of but I failed...SO..I thought I remember reading somewhere that the OEM thermostats for the 21v's (350 merc) weren't the best. Is there a recommended thermostat for that year boat/engine that people like?

for what it's worth I had a Thermostat fail "OPEN", the rusty spring didn't let it close and the boat never warmed up. Glad it failed OPEN and not CLOSED! lol...I simply went to Auto Zone with the old one and got a replacement, 160 degree if I remember correctly. I've never given it much thought as to a recommended thermostat, these parts are simply run to fail in my opinion. I made a thread about it a year or so ago so maybe you'll be able to find it.
    2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
    Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

I called the local Tige dealer and the service guy said take the old one to the auto parts and match it up. So, that's what I'll be doing.

Comment

Make sure it is stainless, otherwise a cheep autozone Chinese one may rust up if your motor cools with lake water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking at doing this for My 2001 2100V but the damn serial number has worn off...

I remember the serial number being an "L" in the beginning but there are two different models for the year with that identifier. Long story short.. Can anyone confirm that it is indeed a 160 degree thermostat?

Also, I have a link of one that I purchased.. OEM Mercury/Quicksilver 160 Degree Thermostat 8M0091470 (S/S 807252T 2)

I thought I had it right but second guessing myself as the boat usually sits at 175 on my gauge. I am replacing it because the last season the temp would sit at 175 then drop well below at various times... Like it was wide open too much... I have never done it and have owned the boat since 2009 so I think its had a good run.

Thanks for the help and looking forward to seeing everyone at the Lake Mead Reunion #2K17!

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X