X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try these??.... gosurfassist

Anyone try these??
    http://www.gosurfassist.com

I know TheGerman on here.... aka Centurion Guy, has heard of them and built his own tab because of them... I am hoping they pick up more business and that it becomes well known.. cuz then I might contemlate it...Especially if I get some orders to Texas.. Last my buddy told me was that they are outta Texas and the full system is pricey and only they can install them.

Comment

Most of them have been put on MB boats. My buddy is getting a new F22 and they are putting one on at the factory for him.

Seems like and OK thing I guess, but still won't beat a listed boat IMO.

Comment

A ton of the MB guys roll with it. It is a fantastic addition to the boat. It surfs like a dream with their hulls!

It is also now an option from the MB factory to put on gosurfassist.

Comment

Someone put these on a Tige...

Comment

Did ALOT of research on these and even called them a while back during their prototype phase. If I recall the tabs are 21" in length and similar in width, their big. Last I heard they where attaching their software into the speedo that at 15+ they auto retract to protect the hull or it had its own GPS system for the non-GPS speedo's. Yes, the guys that designed this are MB owners, and there is a ton of info on them in the MB forum. They are also in full production now, and can be purchased for self install now for a chilling $2900 if I remember correct. When I called they basically laughed at me for having Centurion and a Direct Drive to boot. Either way I cant install them on my boat, I don't have access to the rear hull from inside the boat not to mention the added stress of the tabs to the hull, most boats pre (Surf Gate/NSS/Surf Tabs ect.) didn't really have the re-enforced rear hulls to support the load. I looked and the new hulls on the Malibu's after surf-gate, almost tripled the re-enforcement in the rear hull. For now I still with my red neck, Charlie Brown, ME engineering and surf my little wave and smile while surfing my direct drive. For those that are interested in building your own, they are stupid easy to build and do make a HUGE difference with little to no stress on the boat. I am on my second version, testing it out this weekend if weather permits.
            Last edited by Thegerman618; 04-30-2015, 07:28 AM.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Just saw this on Wakemakers. Looks like it is the same system or adds some extra features not really sure.

http://www.wakemakers.com/wavecontrol

Comment

Yes, that's the same system, Wakemakers is the retail outlet and installer for Go Surf Assist. I don't know why they said it requires a re-enforced transom, they are just nice fancy trim tabs that have a second point of articulation but they don't go into the stream like NSS or the swell system on Supra. There might not be enough room on the transom to mount the tabs below the swim platform, that could be why it won't fit on your centurion Thegerman618.
                Last edited by Ewok; 05-08-2015, 07:42 PM.
                2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
                2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Looks like a nice system and I kind of want one but $4k seems like a pretty high price point. All of the people spending 70k plus on boats already have a surf system built into their new boats so the top tier of potential buyers is already gone and the people with 2 or 3 year old boats that didn't come with a system are probably more likely just to trade it in than spend that much on an upgrade. That leaves the folks with 5 to 20 year old boats and I am not sure many in that group will drop 4 grand for a surf system.

With that said I know nothing about the market so I could be way off base and I honestly hope they do really well. Looks like a nice product from a small business.

Comment

Just talked to Ryan (owner of Go Surf Assist) again, there was some confusion between him and I about what I had vs. what he was looking at. There claim is the tabs are not putting much more stress on the hull then a few people standing on the swim step. He also gave me some updated specs from the previous time we spoke.
                    13" W X 23" L. If these specs are accurate then by simple measurement these WILL work on my boat. I am with CPROPES dropping 4K on surf upgrade for a 15 year old boat is tough bill to swallow. As much as I want this upgrade, and basically no one out there is surfing Direct Drives and no one to my knowledge with a direct drive has this upgrade installed on their boats I cant even guess what the wave is going to look like. I will keep everyone in the loop if I choose to do it.
                    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Just visited their booth at the Dallas Boat Show....

I'm seriously, seriously, seriously considering pulling the trigger on these.... They look extremely well made, and comparing them to the Tige Surf tabs, I feel like these have some advantages.

Hmmmmm......... Decisions, decisions....

Comment

I debated adding these to my 24Ve intensely. Ryan at GSA also was very excited about adding some to a Tige hull. We were researching how to get my boat to his shop to do a proper install--e.g. Raising the swim platform enough and modifying the swim brackets to allow for the tab to be mounted in the proper place. The only Tige he has experience with is a 22ve on which the swim brackets were not modded or moved.

Bottom line is: they're widely adjustable and would for sure work as well as or better than TAPS3 or any other surf tab system. I spoke with Ryan at length, and there is for sure good science behind the design.
                        Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Hey dakota4ce,
                          Did you end up installing the GSA no your 24ve? I have the same boat and can't find anything using them
                          Thanks for any help
                          Jason

Comment

Brad G did, but can remember if his a V or ve, but they are so close. I know he did a thread and go it dialed in.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

https://youtu.be/nwSq_Yz5YKQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X