Subwoofer installs on RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subwoofer installs on RZ2

Had a sick sub buildout on my R20, but now trying to get new install ideas for a sub in the RZ2s I definitely want to go ported this time. I had a W6 12" in my R20, and I love the JL sub line and sound. What is your guys opinions on the XXX vs the W6? Also, if anyone has some installs of their boxes under the helm of the RZ2 I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Do you have pictures of your R20 sub box? Just interested in ideas myself. Thanks

Comment

The XXX is ok...I think its an overpriced branded marine subwoofer... I would go for the W6 or W7 in a ported box... Stick with JL if you like them. I really like Hertz Hi energy line personally for bank/buck

Comment

The WS XXX may seem like it is overpriced when comparing it to car audio products but then you have to realize that it was designed for the marine environment. It's built to take on water, resist corrosion, etc. Just because the other brands are not built for it doesn't mean that you can't use them. When comparing car audio subs that cost the same as the XXX, yeah, they might out perform it because they were built for something different.
        I personally haven't been impressed by a XXX in a single sub configuration when comparing to JL, Kicker, etc. WWS in Denver did a couple of boats with 2 XXX's and wow, they slam!

I think if you like JL, stick with them, they are amazing speakers and are built in the good old USA.

Comment

I installed a Wetsounds XS-12 in my RZ2 last spring. It was a lot of work, but the results have been well worth it. For the money, and for my needs, I am absolutely satisfied with this sub. I posted a few details in another thread. I can get pictures of the finished install tonight now that my boat is home from storage.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...990#post737990
          2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Here's my rz2 with 2 xxx12 image.jpg
            surf till u die.

Comment

This was the box build in my R20 r20 sub.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 18c racing View Post
                Here's my rz2 with 2 xxx12 [ATTACH]39868[/ATTACH]
                Do you have more pics of the box under the observers seat?

Also, of that custom thing you did with that access door. I don't even know what that thing is for from the factory, I have just seen it in pics. I haven't seen my RZ2 yet, it won't arrive until next month. Is there a garbage can behind there like in the G23?
                Last edited by patryk; 04-23-2015, 09:42 PM.

Comment

its the garbage can I took mine out simply because its worthless and way to small so I built a custom led cover for the hole and it vents the sub on that side and I also added 2 more batteries for the stereo that are mounted behind that sub and there completely hidden, but the rear of the sub box is about 1inch from the backrest in the front of the boat when its closed up, I don't have any pics but I can possibly get some next weekend when I get home if I remember too.
                  surf till u die.

Comment

Working...
                  X