No announcement yet.

2007 RZ2 with no ballasts... Yes or No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member here, I just bought an 07rz2 with 1100lbs sacks in the rear. We took it out all weekend it threw a huge wake with both bags full 3 people in the bow and three on the surf side. In new to surfing and it's my first tige but I thought it was awesome and our wave was bigger than a lot of other boats throwing surf on the lake. I Still need to play with it because I think it'll get better

Comment

I have a 2008 22Ve with the stock ballast and I added Chpthrl custom sacks. It was much more difficult and expensive to keep the factory hard tanks. I have surfed the identical boat without the factory tanks and I don't see a notable difference. Things like boat loading and wind and water condition make a bigger difference. My view, like Chpthrl, better to have no factory ballast.
      I also carry a W707 750 lb sack and a manual fill pump and place it on the seat if I'm short of people ballast! In my opinion, a manual fill pump is necessary to cover built in pump failures. Also make a great backup bilge pump and was useful when I had a drain line fitting come loose and drained a complete sack into my bilge.
      You will have a great surf wake with that boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Friedrich07 View Post
        New member here, I just bought an 07rz2 with 1100lbs sacks in the rear. We took it out all weekend it threw a huge wake with both bags full 3 people in the bow and three on the surf side. In new to surfing and it's my first tige but I thought it was awesome and our wave was bigger than a lot of other boats throwing surf on the lake. I Still need to play with it because I think it'll get better
        Try filling your surf side all the way, the off side just a little bit and a a few people in the bow. My RZ2 surfs best when its listed way over, with just a bit of offside weight, and has a few hundred pounds up front.

Comment

Working...
        X