Transom Flag Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transom Flag Install

I got asked this question on another thread so I thought I should post it on it's own thread in case there are any more questions. 2 years ago I wanted to fly an American flag on Independence day but I wanted to do it according to US Flag code and not just duct tape a big flag to the tower. While the big flag on the tower is a great way to show pride for 1 day, I wanted a more permanent install with the classic look of the wooden inboards we have cruising lake Coeur D'Alene.

I installed this in the center of my "transom activity center" seat:

http://www.iboats.com/S-S-Flag-Pole-...iew_id.1084889

Then I ordered one of these to fit in the hole, I think I used the 24" flagpole but I'm considering ordering the next size up. At rest the flag is about 1/2" above the water on the transom.

http://www.iboats.com/Taylor-Made-Te...view_id.886247

Here are a few pics of the install:

After the first time out I thought the flagpole was too loose so I hollowed out the bottom end of the flagpole and glues a very powerful magnet there, and I used epoxy to put the other half of the powerful magnet in the holder so there is a good bit of tension to pull the flagpole out of the holder.

Of course this is just for cruising around the lake. When the kids are swimming or when I'm pulling riders I remove the flag so it doesn't accidentally get broken off by watersports use.
    2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
    2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Looks great. Nice job. I zip tied a slightly larger flag to an old anchor light pole that connects where you'd expect. Not as nice as a solution but it was an easy way to fly the flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks great Ewok.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very Nice Ewok!
          "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

very cool!

Comment

Working...