Dreaded 06 tige Speedset Solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreaded 06 tige Speedset Solution

Just finished the instal of new Hydrophase Steadyspeed in 06 tige 24ve which was previously ran by throttle by wire. Switched to throttle by wire and installed potentiometer unit. Took it to the water today and it worked great! Will upload pictures and part numbers. Can do the whole set up for 1500-1800$. Much better than speedset, GPS ran and way more consistent. Comment and questions you may or may not have.

You should post up a few pics. There was another guy who just did this also. It would interesting to see if you guys did it the same way or not. If i can't get my speedset in my 07 smoothed out i'll be considering doing this next winter. Funds permitting of course.

Comment

We did it the same way--he was in frequent contact with me. Maybe there were some tweaks mixed in there somewhere, but otherwise appears to be the same components and methods. Mine worked flawlessly on the water on Saturday! Much like Slingshot, I was super pumped!

Most of the credit goes to the forum members, and especially Dom. He showed me the light!
      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Retox when and if you go to do it, get in contact with me. I did use CNC machining to make a custom plate where the old speedset was. I made the exact whole size of the rocker switch and had taps 2 engraved in it. Made a killer spot for the new taps switch. Also mounted my potentiometer In a different location in case you don't have the rear storage locker cross members. And also Dakota's thread was killer! Used exactly the same parts and part numbers he provided me with. Except I got a slightly shorter throttle cable.

Comment

Working...
        X