UPS Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Rant

So, I bought a 21v back in Jan. and other than the test run, it's been stuffed in my garage for the winter. The dealer I bought it from was going to do a rocker switch upgrade however due to circumstances beyond all of our control, the switches aren't in the cards right now.

SO....the dealer shipped both switch panels back via UPS...they were suppose to arrive yesterday however after yesterday came and went with no package..I decided to contact UPS....After an online conversation with someone who I'm pretty sure is not from the U.S. they informed me that somehow UPS managed to lose my package from Sharonville, OH to Dayton, OH.....

I was planning on unwinterizing the boat and taking it out for the first time this Sunday however without any switches the boat is now stuck in the garage

UPS apparently has no clue where the box is at in Dayton and considering Tige doesn't make the panel for a 21v anymore I'm a bit on edge....

Won't be using UPS anytime soon thats for sure

Both my Dad and my brother's schedule also lined up and my Dad was extremely excited to get out on a boat with his sons again......Sorry, had to get that rant off my chest...

Had something similar happen with UPS a few years back. Somewhere my package ended up open and the contents were lost or stolen. They actually delivered it empty!!!

Comment

Lol considering I can't get another panel unless it's from Ebay that's not encouraging

Comment

Yeah they never found the stuff or IMO really tried considering they settled the claim same day once I called. But paying you for them isn't going to do you much good considering they are obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
          Yeah they never found the stuff or IMO really tried considering they settled the claim same day once I called. But paying you for them isn't going to do you much good considering they are obsolete.
          Yeah, I'll have to go to a fiberglass bubba and have him glass in a trim piece and then just go with rocker switches...I just need to make sure I get enough out of UPS to cover that work...

On a side note, does anyone know if firing the boat up to get it unwinterized will do any damage if I don't have these switches installed? I know I won't be able to turn it on/off/on/off since I won't be able to turn the blower on but all I want to do is hook the fake-a-lake up to it after I reinstall my hoses/drain plugs t omake sure I don't have any leaks...
          Last edited by BurnMac42; 04-11-2015, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Don't mean to keep bumping but does anyone know whether its dangerous to fire up the boat just to unwinterize it without the switch panels installed?

Comment

The only danger would be bare terminal ends touching.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X