Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP Needed: 2007-2009 RZ2 OR 2010 24VE

Everyone,

First - thanks in advance for any help or consulting that you can provide.

Currently I have a 2008 Moomba outback V and I'm looking to upgrade. I have 2 main goals with the upgrade and REALLY would like to purchase a used Tige:

Goals:
    1) Surf my brains out (my priority)
    2) Increase seating (this is the sales pitch to my wife, she prioritizes "deep" seating as well)

My price range: $40k-$50k

Looking at my price range I believe I have 2 options:

Option A) 2007+ RZ2
    - This seems like the most available and cost effective option. I don't see ANY come on the market which are a 2010+ that include the Alpha Z tower and the TigeTouch that are in my price range but I'm holding out hope. Having said all that, ConvexVX has been taken off the market and I'm not sure how I'll get my hands on one, which is VERY concerning.
    Option B) 2009-2011 24VE
    - I think I've found a great deal on this boat in order to get a 2010 in my price range. It's immaculate and meets all of the wife's requirements. That being the case. With a minimum amount of modifications, Can I turn this to a surf monster? I have the feeling I'm going to be stealing this thing so I need to act quickly.

Again - Thank you for the help!

Regards,
    Dan who owns a Moomba but Wants a Tige'

If u wanna bump your price to 58 or so I have a 13 z1 I may be interested in selling. But with the price range your talking I don't see why you can't secure a boat you mentioned .
    Last edited by ChrisBarnes05-12-84; 04-09-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Ragboy has a 24Ve that he slammed and made a surfing monster... so if you can steel a 24Ve that you love everything about and are just asking if it can surf then the answer is yes, I have a 22Ve and it surfs amazing.

Comment

24Ve will surf like a monster. To be done right, it takes mods to the rear lockers and about $2200 in ballast equipment. Oh, and some do it yourself ability (or lots of labor money if someone else does it). Who doesn't want to cut holes in their own boat?

24Ve, with proper equipment, will make as big of a surf wave as the top 10% of surf boats in my estimated opinion. All in a big 16 passenger super-safe and secure boat.

In a perfect world, we all have a Z3. Not all of us have Z3 budgets! So 24Ve on Steroids it is.
        Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

I think the RZ2 is a great surf boat. Drive them and decide which is better for you. I think you will find that either of them are going to provide you a wave that is adequate and enough to allow you to become a pro if you had that skill and desire.

Comment

From what I understand, the Ve boats need more list than the RZ or Z boats. But others would have to verify. Regardless, any of them will make a killer wave.

When I compared the RZ to the Z, I found that the seating in the newer Z boats was deeper. So if that is a factor, you might want to check them out. I think they are still better than the competition though.

My Z1 doesn't feel as big on the inside as other brands. That's always been my biggest drawback to Tige. The interiors are very nice, but not overly spacious. You need to get up to the Z3 to really spread out.

Comment

Where are you located and some locals may be able to help you out also, this is the most helpful group of people Ive ever experienced on a forum.

Comment

My dealer in central WI took my 08 RZ2 on trade. I think he still has it.
                "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyPity
                  Booms is that Skipper Buds? Do they have an invenntory of used Tiges? What color wavs your RZ2?
                  MoneyPity - it is Erv's in Tomahawk, WI. It is white and blue, and in great shape. Here is the link to their site - http://www.ervssales.com/new_vehicle...08&pov=4018661
                  "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

I have a 2007 rz2 and a 2007 24ve that are both in ur price range pm me il get u the details
                    surf till u die.

Comment

I really wanted a Ve boat but ended up with a RZ2 and am very happy with it. The styling and the larger bow really have grown on me. If you decide to go for a RZ2, i'd look specifically for a 09. They have the new style tower, underfloor ballast, and NO tige touch. Lots of people on here seem to think 09 was kinda the "sweet spot" for these boats, myself included.

Comment

Congratulations on your new boat....pictures....I hope you will be very happy...pictures....The 22Ve and the RZ2 should be comparable...pictures...with the key difference being that I have heard the swim platform of the RZ has a somewhat negative effect on the wake....pictures...I think you will find much on this site about swim platform.
                        Have you thought about posting some pictures?

Comment

We have a 2009 24Ve with what we call "Ultra Ballast". There's a thread on here with lots of data and photos on what we did and how we did it. The resulting wave looks like this and gets gasps from passengers when they first see it:

We also have a close friend with a 2009 RZ2, and it too puts out a great wave. Either model will make you happy.

Comment

Originally posted by retox1 View Post
                            I really wanted a Ve boat but ended up with a RZ2 and am very happy with it. The styling and the larger bow really have grown on me. If you decide to go for a RZ2, i'd look specifically for a 09. They have the new style tower, underfloor ballast, and NO tige touch. Lots of people on here seem to think 09 was kinda the "sweet spot" for these boats, myself included.
                            I count myself among those considering a 2009 RZ2 as a "sweet spot". I really like NOT having Tige Touch. 2009 have Alpha Z tower (easy to upgrade to WS Rev10), big lockers for custom bags, good vinyl, quiet PCM engines. Super easy to mount a surf flap. Its flexibility and surf wave have kept us off the upgrade cycle for six, going on seven, seasons.

Finding a pristine 2009 RZ2 might be tough ...

Comment

2009 22ve here, also I love this boat and think of it as a sweet spot boat year for Tige. The Ve has the same running surface as the RZ2 and these boats SURF!

Comment

Working...
                              X