Made a new fake-a-lake/FAE Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a new fake-a-lake/FAE Install

With my old boat I had a plunger that I had installed a hose connection too and wedged between the bottom of the boat and the ground. When I got this boat last year it was much taller so it didn't work and with having much better access to the main intake on the new one I decided it was time for an upgrade. The hose and the ball valve I already had from the ballast install in my old boat. So I just had to run down to the depot for the hose barbed 90 and the white piece to connect. I have the gardena stuff so I put a connector on there.

Also had to run back to the depot for the fittings to modify my extractor pump to pull from the line that comes out from the oil pan. Running the larger line sure makes pumping the oil out a heck of a lot faster than down the dip stick as I did last year. Thanks for the heads up on that one guys!
    Attached Files

I also got my FAE so I installed that over the weekend as well. The only issue I have is one of the bolts that holds the square bar will not go all the way in and now won't come out. The bar won't ever slide out but I need to fix it. While I was waiting for my buddy to go get the truck I hit that throttle and noticed the boat was a lot louder and had that nice throaty sound....which I knew was right and my heart sank. That was scary for a second when we pulled the boat out of the water and I stepped on the back and could see no FAE when I looked through the space between the swim platform and the back of the boat. When we pulled the boat out the exhaust was hanging from the quick release bars. I just had to adjust the rubber sleeve as I had it pushed to far on too the piece that screws on to the boat. I need to get a couple better pictures so I can send them off to FAE. I forgot how much quieter it makes the boat otherwise. Regardless it will be a nice addition this year as we were getting gassed out last year.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good man!

Comment

Now if you would have just remembered to put the impeller back in.......haha jk.

Comment

Working...
        X