Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a bad battery. Replace both? Or just bad one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a bad battery. Replace both? Or just bad one?

Went out to the garage to do a little preseason maintenance on the boat and found I had a dead battery. I Believe it's what people call the "house" battery as it runs my accessories and amps. So should I replace both of the batteries at the same time or just the bad one? They are both Optima blue tops,installed by the previous owner, but I would likely just swap in regular batteries as I am not a fan of Optimas. I've had a few in the past and found them to be nothing worthy of the price tag. Any thoughts?

I always have just replaced the one that goes bad. Never really thought to replace both just because one goes bad.

Comment

A dead battery doesnt mean bad battery, so charge and test. beyond that, im not a fan of the optima AGMs. Cant beat the value of a good ol wet cell marine battery. If the batteries are isolated and used differently, no "need" to replace as a pair.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        A dead battery doesnt mean bad battery, so charge and test. beyond that, im not a fan of the optima AGMs. Cant beat the value of a good ol wet cell marine battery. If the batteries are isolated and used differently, no "need" to replace as a pair.

Thanks, i did charge and load test it. I remember reading somewhere here that on some Tiges the ECM takes a voltage from both batteries and if they are arent the same or very close it can throw the boat into limp mode. I couldnt find the thread and had no idea if my RZ2 is like that.

Comment

Although that wiring configuration was technically isolated to the 06 models with the EIDB, it has been found on some 07 models.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X