Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the z3 and fs233 comparison

How does the z3 and fs233 comparison For surfing

I may be wrong, but I don't believe that Centurion has a FS233. There is the FS33 and the SV233. I did a quick search under FS233 and there are a few dealers that appear to be listing the SV233 as an FS233 which is incorrect (one of which is a 2014 which would be an FX as they switched form FX to FS in 2015).

If I am wrong, I am sorry. If not, please clarify as I believe there is a big difference between the FS33 and the SV233 although I have not ridden behind both. Really hoping to get behind the FS33 and a Supreme S226 this year as I have heard great things.
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Fs33

Comment

Tonka - where are you located?

Comment

I surfed a FS something and thought it was ok. I like a weighted Z3 over it. Z3 interior is nicer. Was not a fan of the "cab forward" design of the a centurion.
          "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

We looked heavily at Centurion before purchasing our Z3. This was before their new marketing pitch of an unlisted boat, and their "Quick Surf" technology, if you can call it that since its almost a direct copy of MC and Skiers Choice. We didn't demo one, because I was too unimpressed with the interior and the price tag did not reflect the quality I would expect for the money. Tige has too many awesome features for the price tag. Go Z3 and save yourself some time.
            -Brandon Lucas
            Houston, Tx

Comment

Located in Wyoming and I ordered a z3 just corers as my budy is a huge centurion fan and keeps telling me I made a mistake

Comment

Post here and you'll likely get rah rah z3 recommendations.
                Post on CCC and you'll get FS33 majority votes.
                Goes with the turf you are posting on. I'd say demo them both for an unbiased hands on vote for what's best for YOU

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ght=polar+bear

You might check out Ragboy's site for more unbiased opinions.

Comment

I narrowed our boat purchase down to the Centurion FS33 and the Tige Z3.

The Centurion had some really nice technical advantages for surf wave that the Tige did not. The Ramfill option and plug and play ballast allowed you to start surfing in less than a minute. The stock wave in the centurion was better in my opinion that the Tige. The CATS was impressive, You could adjust the wave without losing any push. To get a good wave you had to lean the boat 15-18 degrees ... That aside, the interior looked... well very plain...Much better than it used to but it still was not an aesthetically pleasing boat. The tower felt cheap...I do not care for the Audio system nor the user interface. The touch screen was simple and the graphics were mediocre... nothing special. It felt like you had a ton of room because the seating was so small. The exterior was not to my taste either... Plain and simple it is a Surf Machine!!! If you can get by the aesthetics, it is bar non the most adjustable and technically advanced surf boat in my opinion...

The Tige was a piece of art... It had an amazing style, great integration both with the touch screen, electronics and ergonomics. The drivers area is just AMAZING! The upgraded Z-Cline seat...just awesome!!! I loved the look and the feel of the seating area...A well put together product. The surf is quite good. The wave is more my style: sharp and surf style, whereas the Centurion is more of a skim style wave.

Shoot me any questions because I spent quite a bit of time behind these boats and researching them.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I have a 2013 Z1, my previous boat was a 2008 Centurion Lightning and I can honestly say when I get my next boat both Centurion and Tige will be on a level playing field I love both for different reasons. I honestly don't think quality is an issue with centurion, it's early yet but the centurion might in fact have aged better than the Z1 in terms of the interior and wear and tear on the seats etc.

Comment

There are some very good points on here already. I would not say that you made a mistake at all. It really is all personal preference both on performance and appearance. I believe that both companies make great boats. When we were shopping, we looked not only at the wave/wake but the interiors and how we would use the boat. I feel that Centurion puts out some of the nicest fiberglass work in the business, there hulls are smooth and seem very solid. Based on what I have seen, read and hears (not ridden), I would guess that the surf wave out of the FS33 may be 2nd to none (the FS/X 44 is pretty great), that said we didn't purchase a Centurion. I really disliked the interior, I could not get over that the observers seat protrudes into the walk (you have to kinda walk around it) to get into the bow. I really dislike the console in the Centurion boats, there are just to many things in different places. When we were shopping Tige did not have Tige Touch 2 released yet. I really think this interface is quite nice compared to the previous control and the list sensor/display seems really nice to set up a consistent wave/wake from time to time. As you can see, everyone has their opinions, but in the end if you are happy with your purchase and it fits your needs best, it is the way to go.

Viking is somewhat correct that you will get different view points form the different forums. That said, I truly believe that TO has some of the most honest and open members and do not wear "Owner's Goggles" nearly as much as some of the other forums. I don't think that Tige gets credit it deserves and a lot of that comes from people that have either no experience with the brand or it dates back to much earlier days. The more important question I feel is: How do you feel about your dealer? They can make or break a season on the water.

On a side note, if I was purchasing again, I would have given a very hard look at the Supreme S226. For those that have asked for a larger version of the R20 (simple gauges and switches), at a very decent price point this would be a good fit.

Comment

I've had both, and part of the decision will be your dealer, and let me tell you, the centurion finish is much better, in terms of. Exposed fibreglass etc. Also the wiring In a tige is brutal... Stock wave I think goes. To Centurion, when they are both slammed, they are both very good in wave production, Centurion or supreme in the rough water is no comparison, with a tige you will be running for cover....

Comment

I have a v226 right now and I love boat but it has issues with power and throws codes. So I will not be buying another one of those. As far a a dealer there is not one within 200 miles from me so I just will have to roll the dice and hope for the best. All of the comments are appreciated thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X