Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me what kind of pump this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me what kind of pump this is?

I was hoping someone may know what kind of pump this is, since my boat is a few hours away and I need to order a new one before it gets warm. The pic says 1000gph, and it's from what I believe is the rival ballast system on my 04 24v. Thank you!

They look like regular aerator style pumps rated at 1000gph...

Comment

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are the old style Johnson pump cartridges offered on like 2011/2010 and prior?

Comment

They are Mayfair live well pumps, which has long since been absorbed by Johnson Controls and now under the SPX umbrella. By the looks of the manifold, it does seem to be a Rival kit. They have been out of biz for some time now. They were ahead of their time and went quite just as the aftermarket ballast craze started gaining speed.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Uh oh. I was hoping to be able to just replace the internal since the top unscrews and comes apart. Sounds like this may become a larger project than I anticipated.

Comment

The cartridge is replaceable, just twist it off and connect the wires. My 07 had the same pumps, just rated at 500gph. I still use them for the fill and drains on my bow sac, I just upgraded the cartridge to 750 I had kickin around from my old boat. You should be able to find replacement ones all over. Pretty sure even Walmart has them with their bilge pumps.

Comment

Great. Thank you for the advice. Now, I just need a day off of work. Can anyone help with that? Haha.

Comment

As info for anyone else, the 1000gph replacement cartridge is on wholesalemarine.com for 35 bucks. Perfect!

Comment

Working...
                  X