Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf Settings: 2015 Z3 with AVX and Wake9 bags

Hello all.

I am interested to know what rider profiles you are using to create a killer surf wake. Reg and goofy, please.

We just purchased a new Z3 with AVX and the Wake9 upgraded ballast bags.

Thanks in advance, people!

In our first few hours of ride time, I was happy with the following profiles ...

REG SIDE

Rider side: 100% rear, 100% front
    Non-rider: 0% rear, 25% front
    Taps: 3
    Speed: 10.8
    AVX: real nice at 5, but it didn't totally wash out at any setting

GOOF SIDE

Rider side: 100% rear, 100% front
    Non-rider: 0% rear, 25% front
    Taps: 3
    Speed: 10.8
    AVX: 5-7

Comment

This post would be so much better with pictures!
      "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Pics yes! I didn't know wake9 had the new z3 bags ready yet

Comment

Front both sides full
          Surf side rear full
          Fill non surf side rear until 9 degrees list on regular and 11 degrees on goofy
          Taps at 3-5
          AVX at 5

This will get you close. You can adjust taps, AVX and offside rear weight to adjust height and length to suit.

Comment

A little feedback after our first 7 hours on the water ...

The above SPEED and TAPS settings are good starting points for riding both sides.

AVX set to 5 is real nice for the REG rider, but you need to keep it at 10 to get a good lip for GOOFY airs. Lots of playtime with the rider remote: we toasted the battery and needed to replace!

Playing with weight is the next step. I also lied originally (): I don't have the Wake9 bags yet (they haven't arrived at my dealer). I am definitely looking forward to seeing that extra weight in action.

Overall opinion: VERY impressed!

Comment

I thought it was determined that 7 deg list is about perfect for any wake set up??
              I think I saw a right up on here or wake9?

The ice just melted off my lake last week and being in michigan it will be awhile before we are getting in that water to test set ups.

Comment

I read Surf's post as "10" meaning the setting for the AVX angle but I could be wrong. I'f he talking about 10* list angle then he's probably right. In any setup on a listed boat the list angle goofy will be more severe than regular.

Comment

Sorry, guys ... I meant the AVX was set to 10 for the GOOFY side.

The list was -9 to -10 on the REG side and -7 to -8 on the GOOF.

We didn't have a lot of people in the boat. Wave is sick, though ... and there's still tons of dialing to be done!

Comment

Working...
                  X