Progressive Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progressive Insurance

I just ran across and interesting scenario at least it is for me. I had a minor violation. No points assigned to this violation by DMV. Progressive take this minor violation and it assigns a point in their system and raises yourboat insurance rates. This is not done by other insurance companies since I have others to cover my other vehicles.

had progressive for boat insurance. was around $450/yr. switched to ski-safe 2 years ago. now pay $320 for better coverage. decent liabiltiy and stated value on the boat.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Holy crap your insurance is cheap. Were paying over $1000 a year for standard boat insurance in canada...

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko View Post
        Holy crap your insurance is cheap. Were paying over $1000 a year for standard boat insurance in canada...
        OUCH! that would only be around $780USD but still pricey as I pay around $600yr on a 100K boat policy with equipment replacement! Shop around

Comment

Still have Progressive. Been going with them for the last 7 seasons. Full coverage, full replacement value at the price I bought it for and disappearing deductible (which is now $0) is $313 a year.

That was for our 08 RZ2, I wonder what it will be for the 15 Z3...
          "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Although states and insurance companies both use a points system, they are not unilateral. 3 points issued by the state to your DL doesnt necessarily = 3 points on your insurance policy. An at-fault wreck can get you insurance point, even though you were not "charged" for the wreck by the law enforcement agency.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I had a minor violation using a cell phone. No speeding, no accident no going through stop sign etc. No points on the DMV record either for this situation. Progressive elected to assign a point for using a cell phone and increased my insurance from 660 to 880 a year and it will be that way for three years. I wonder what they do if you have an accident? None of my other insurances went up. Looks like this is a case of simple GREED.

Comment

For that I would tell Progressive to pound sand.
                "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko View Post
                  I only pay about $600 in Alberta.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                    I only pay about $600 in Alberta.

Sent from my Passport
                    whaaaaa?!?! Who are you with and what did you insure your boat for?

Comment

State Farm. They were literally half the price of everyone else. It was full coverage on a new boat: I'll have to look up the particulars. However I believe State Farm transferred all their policies to someone else, but my rate has changed.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Originally posted by Booms View Post
                        Still have Progressive. Been going with them for the last 7 seasons. Full coverage, full replacement value at the price I bought it for and disappearing deductible (which is now $0) is $313 a year.

That was for our 08 RZ2, I wonder what it will be for the 15 Z3...
                        I have the same coverage with Progressive through USAA on a 14 Z1 for $366. That is with a claim last year with zero deductible.
                        Last edited by Iwndr; 03-19-2015, 05:29 AM.
                        "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

I pay 860 a year for my Z3 in Alberta with stated replacement value of 103k plus 5k for personal items (boards etc...) and 2 million liability. I had to shop a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Travism View Post
                            I pay 860 a year for my Z3 in Alberta with stated replacement value of 103k plus 5k for personal items (boards etc...) and 2 million liability. I had to shop a bunch.
                            It seems most of the insurance companies want about 1500 for that coverage... it really sucks!

Comment

Greeko,

When I get home tonight I will send you the info on who I have. I recently switched as I was paying 1100 last year through a different supplier.

Comment

Working...
                              X