X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possum Kingdom Lake

I am thinking about coming from Denver to check out this event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1559739414273663/

Does anyone have any real world knowledge and can point me in a direction to rent a place on the lake for a week?

I flew down there from Denver last year to meet some friends at the lake. It was a great time, but beware that the lake is really low. We ended up not even taking their boat out.

We stayed at this place: http://www.possumhollowcamp.com/

I've heard The Cliffs is nicer, but we wanted to be on the other side of the lake where other friends had a cabin.

Hopefully they'll get more water. You going to tow your boat down there?

-Todd

Comment

I'm going. Really wanted to go last year, but missed out.

We are staying at Golden Cove.
      http://www.goldencovepk.com/

We booked a few weeks ago and had trouble getting a hold of anyone there, but finally got a call back. If no one picks up, You need to call Lynn at 940-779-2333 to reserve a unit. She's actually at Hideaway Cabins but is taking the reservations for Golden Cove.

Comment

That cliff diving is insane! I watch it on TV and the camera angles to the boats below make some of those yachts seem like dingys! Great event wish we weren't at brostock that wkend or we'd go.

Anyone know why they spray the water where they splash in? Is it to break the water hardness/sting? How high are they jumping from?
        just curios and I could google but some may know off hand
        Last edited by JLG; 03-18-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
          Anyone know why they spray the water where they splash in? Is it to break the water hardness/sting?
          I think it's so they can see better when they are going to hit the water. It creates more of a contrast.

Comment

PK is definitely low but if you stay in the channel or on the dam side (South side) you will be fine. They have modified most of the ramps, as of last year anyway. We didn't go to the Diving last year but we were there a week before - the RED BULL boat cruises around constantly giving out free Red Bull (will bikini clad girls I might add)! Don't tell my wife I noticed that part...

There are tons of places to stay on PK - again the dam side will be better - and more expensive. The Cliffs are definitely nice - and if you are a golfer, that course is pretty sweet!

The bad thing about PK being so low is that now everyone goes to the dam, so its really hard to find good water. When full, you could always find a cove somewhere...

Comment

@ todd, If we go will take our boat for sure.

Comment

Whats up everyone??!! I see there is some people stoked for Red Bull Cliff Diving at PK! My bosses at Red Bull wanted me to respond to the thread and answer some questions for everyone. Not only do I work for Red Bull, I work for Eagle Marine who is the local Tige dealer in Ft. Worth, TX. So I will be at this event with my Z3 again this year! Red Bull has not posted all the event information at this time but it will be coming out very soon. When that info is released I will share with everyone on here. I can tell you that the lake level has came up, good news right! We are also hearing that there will be one, possibly two more ramps open this year for the event. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. It's going to be a great time again this year! Hope everyone can make it!

Matt Edmondson

Comment

What's up Matt!! Are you going to be giving out Red Bulls again...????

Comment

Of course!!!! Look for us out and about in the Red Bull boat!

Comment

Matt- how high is the cliff they jump from? What is the water sprayed at the bottom where they dive in for?

Comment

Last year the jump height was 93 feet. Because of this height, and it being the tallest of the jumps on the tour, the divers went feet first on all dives. The water is splashed at the bottom to help divers spot their landing better. Their was a mens platform, and a women's platform.

Comment

Working...
                        X