Help !! -- SEAT SOLUTION FIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help !! -- SEAT SOLUTION FIX

My two front seats are warped. I've been told the "molding" base is plastic.

Can anybody tell me what direction or who might could fix these or a place to get mew molds to redo the upholstery ?

Here's a pic
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TWOhunter; 03-14-2015, 08:14 PM. Reason: Pic

Comment

Time for the heat gun. Soften up the plastic a bit and gently put it back where it belongs. Take your time. Might take a few iterations.

Comment

Take the skins off first.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

A few questions please.

"Take the skin off first". Is the skin the part that's under the seat and not the upholstery, right ?? It's a dark grey protective material, right ??

Does anybody not agree that the seat structure is plastic or is it made of some other material ??

Comment

The skin is the upholstery. I'd remove the bottom cover material also.

Comment

how did that happen? would like to know so I don't do that

Comment

Originally posted by dukesofhazzard View Post
                how did that happen? would like to know so I don't do that

You're right.... you don't want to do what I did. ;-)

Here's what happened. While storing the boat in my storage unit I would open those seats up and tie them back with a bungee cord so the area could air-out while in storage... no problem... worked great with no issues.

BUT, one day while my boat was in front of my house I did the same thing with the seats as part of my normal cleaning process.... It was a hot day and boat was in the sun... went out there about 3-5 hours later... WARPED !!

Comment

Another pic
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by TWOhunter; 03-15-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

oh thats too bad, why don't you try weighting them down, and then placing a small ceramic heater in the compartment underneath and slowly warm them up like the sun did but reversing the bend.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesofhazzard View Post
                      oh thats too bad, why don't you try weighting them down, and then placing a small ceramic heater in the compartment underneath and slowly warm them up like the sun did but reversing the bend.

I've tried putting some weigh on the seats over a period of time, but that didn't work, unfortunately.

I haven't tried placing some type of heat device under it though.

Good thought.

Comment

yep... heat gun. ryobi makes one that is not too badly priced. just remove the black skrim under the seat and apply it to the radius of the marine board... it will flex\relax back. Once back in shape your upholstery should be just fine.

There is also a good chance the median temp of being in direct sun might do it as well over time... but that will be the slower way.
                        2011 Tigé RZ4
                        www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Working...
                        X