How to tell what speaker you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tell what speaker you have?

Sorry for all the posts but I'm trying to really learn this boat. My 21v had two of these speakers attached to the tower when I bought it. The white grill piece has the wetsounds emblem on it but I have absolutely no clue if the speaker/case is wetsounds or if just the grill is wetsounds. Also, where do you measure to get the actual size?

I want to buy some covers for the speakers....The diameter of the actual speaker (not including case) is 6"...does that mean I buy 6" speaker cases?

20150311_141206 (1).jpg20150311_141303.jpg

Thats a Wet Sounds Pro-60, early version at that. Its a 6.5" HLCD, but that means little when buying covers. You need a cover the Pro-60 model. Wet Sounds Suitz-8 would fit.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chpthril!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Thats a Wet Sounds Pro-60, early version at that. Its a 6.5" HLCD, but that means little when buying covers. You need a cover the Pro-60 model. Wet Sounds Suitz-8 would fit.
        chpthril, or any other guy with tower speaker experience...

Are the wetsounds speaker covers worth the price? I see that they are made out of neoprene which tells me they aren't water resistant covers? Wouldn't neoprene absorb water or do guys who store their boat outside remove their speakers every time?

I found generic speaker covers on ebay that claim to be water repellant but before pulling the trigger I just wanted to check and see if there was something I was missing other than the generic ones don't have a WS emblem on the front?

Comment

Water repellent can be a 2 way street. If it keeps water out, it can very likely hold water in. Just keep in mind that the opening of the cover is around the clamp. When water gets in there, a water resistant cover will hold water. Neo does not absorb water like cotton, but its not waterproof like a Gor-tex type nylon.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If you know someone that can sew have them make you some. My mother-in-law sew a set for me. I only use them when trailering to keep the bugs off.
            "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Working...
            X