Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Weighting with AVX, TAPS, Sacs and other bloviations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carfanatic,
    Remove the VX to give you more room.
    I used a dremel with a cutting disk. They wear down quickly. I used like 4 disks. I cut off the but end; not the head and put the trim plate fully extended. Once the plate is off, I had to cut the rivets again close to the hinge and punch or use a vice grip to pull the rivet out gripping the rivet head. The install took like 2 hours because I decided to clean and wax the VX while I was at it.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_241287-353-E...isk&facetInfo=

Enjoy
    Nick
    Dayton, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by CarFanatic View Post
      Nick, what did you use to remove the factory rivits? I want to make sure I got all the tools I need when I head down to do mine.
      If you have room to get a drill in there, drill the heads off. Use a bit thats one size larger then actual rivet's shaft. Takes a few seconds to drill head head off then a drift punch to knock them out.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
        I investigated earlier this winter and decided they were laid out as good as one could expect. My plan was to test this spring. Doing the test in the garage just isn't doable.

If others with the Z1 can get 4min then I must have an issue.

Tell me more about where to cut this hole and how. Pics?

Sent from my Passport
        Johnny, what ballast package did your boat come with? My front sacs take about 2:15-2:30 to fill, but I only have the "Surf" package-this only has one bag up front that has two chambers-200 lbs in each chamber. The "Pro" package has individual bags that are shaped like a hockey stick that are 400 lbs or so each. I've been debating doing these, but I've only been able to get through Tige dealer & he is quoting $429 ea.

I only bring this up because your pictures look like they could have been taken in my boat-that front sac looks identical to mine.

Comment

There are two bags in the Pro configuration. It's hard to get a better pic.

I would talk to chpthrl and get a single sac up there. I never ever fill only one half. It's just a waste of money and doesn't seem to work too well anyways.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Originally posted by NHarp1 View Post
            Carfanatic,
            Remove the VX to give you more room.
            I used a dremel with a cutting disk. They wear down quickly. I used like 4 disks. I cut off the but end; not the head and put the trim plate fully extended. Once the plate is off, I had to cut the rivets again close to the hinge and punch or use a vice grip to pull the rivet out gripping the rivet head. The install took like 2 hours because I decided to clean and wax the VX while I was at it.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_241287-353-E...isk&facetInfo=

Enjoy
            Ok thanks! I can't take my vx off. It's sealed to the hull. So I was planning to unbolt the ram and was hoping the hinge will swing Down. Thanks for the tips. I have ton of those dremmel disks!

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
              Hopefully I will now by the end of this week or early next.
              Anything you can tell us Rag?
              "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Originally posted by Booms View Post
                Anything you can tell us Rag?
                In for updates !

Comment

Working...
                X