Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surf Light Mounting Locations

Hey everyone.

I am looking to outfit the new Z3 with rear facing surf lights. Where does everyone usually mount them on the tower?

Thanks in advance

I mounted these type of lights on the tower about 6 inches either side of mast light and ski pylon. Each one was aimed about 5 degrees off center so that the wake is illuminated but not blinding to rider. I also had lights mounted facing forward. The use of the lights or surfing after dusk unfortunately is illegal in my home state and surrounding states. Using front or rear lights with boat in motion can lead to a large fine. Another downside is they attract all kinds of bugs.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyPity View Post
        I mounted these type of lights on the tower about 6 inches either side of mast light and ski pylon. Each one was aimed about 5 degrees off center so that the wake is illuminated but not blinding to rider. I also had lights mounted facing forward. The use of the lights or surfing after dusk unfortunately is illegal in my home state and surrounding states. Using front or rear lights with boat in motion can lead to a large fine. Another downside is they attract all kinds of bugs.
        Did you drill and tap the Tower or just screw in the lights?

Comment

I added a 30 led light bar to my tower. We drilled and tapped for the bolts. You can see the bar in the center of the tower. 10341994_534942036614972_5323075658179010650_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko View Post
            Did you drill and tap the Tower or just screw in the lights?
            My tower was a Samson Razor which had holes drilled into it for mounting of lights.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhite94 View Post
              I added a 30 led light bar to my tower. We drilled and tapped for the bolts. You can see the bar in the center of the tower. [ATTACH]39803[/ATTACH]
              Do you have a rear facing light as well?

Comment

What mirror setup do you have in that picture ?

Comment

@Greeko, no I did not make it rear facing, but you could, this is a quake light it comes with 2 brackets short and long. With the long you can rotate the light to point either front or back. @Travism, that is the Sampson Mirror bracket with PTM mirror. It looks killer however with 4 rev 10's all you really see is speaker.
                  Last edited by gwhite94; 04-22-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I would hate having an led bar shining in my eyes while surfing... Why don't you just get underwater transom lights? They light up plenty for the rider to see the wake, and it doesn't blind them

Comment

Originally posted by patryk View Post
                      I would hate having an led bar shining in my eyes while surfing... Why don't you just get underwater transom lights? They light up plenty for the rider to see the wake, and it doesn't blind them
                      It is not plenty of light to see the wake! Underwater lights let you see where the back of the boat is..thats about it! We do a lot of night surfing in the summer because the lake gets pretty busy during the day. You need a 20 degree spot facing the leading edge of the surf. If you set it up properly it won't be in your eyes.

Comment

We have been discussing this as well. If you get a boat with an AVX and you mount the lights on the transom will you get enough light out from between the AVX and the Swim platform to do any good. Has anyone tried it? I realize it would be affected by how high you raise the AVX. Just courious.
                        "Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted....the problem is I don't know which half."

Comment

What about a flush mount light that was located near the rear tow hooks on either side? It would be low enough. Just not sure what's on the backside if it was possible on a Z3. Same general area as where the volume control is located.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by BCRider; 04-22-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I night surf all the time in the summer and I have no problem seeing the wave with the underwater transom lights image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X