The Reveal: AutoWake and WakeTouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Reveal: AutoWake and WakeTouch!

A lot of folks on this site know we've been working on "something" involving wakeboats. It's taken longer than we ever expected, with all sorts of delays along the way, but it's finally done!

The main kickoff occurs tomorrow, but as a "Thank You" we wanted to give TigeOwners a sort of "pre-announcement" so you'd know about it first. We really appreciate the interest – and the patience! – that this awesome Tige community has shown. Hopefully the waiting was worth it. We think these features are pretty cool.

Feel free to ask questions, we'll keep an eye on this thread and answer.

Thank you!

Very cool. I hope one of the big manufacturers (or all of them?) pick it up. Nice work on the patents too. In my industry it takes 4-5 years to get issued claims so you really got it done quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by dreddy View Post
      I hope one of the big manufacturers (or all of them?) pick it up.
      It won't be all of them. We're selling the complete package to a single buyer. So one party will get to control it, and the others will only have it if the new owner is willing to license it to them. My guess is they won't - at least not for a few years. It's too powerful an advantage to share, at least for a while.

That's if a boat manufacturer buys it. If one of the electronics companies buys it, they could offer it to their choice of boat makers. Might make it hard on the OTHER electronics companies when they can't compete!

Nice work on the patents too. In my industry it takes 4-5 years to get issued claims so you really got it done quickly.
      Thanks!
      Last edited by IDBoating; 02-18-2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I've been able to watch this system take shape over the last few years, it's the real deal, I can't believe no one has figured this out yet. One downside is that it means there won't be so many threads about people asking how to dial in their wakes
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Wow. Pretty impressive work WA! Personally, I selfishly love the autowake part but I can see how boat oem's or instrument guys would be all over the waketouch side.
          Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Well Done WAB! Brilliant using the tablet as your base! Touchscreens or HMI's have been out for decades and they keep charging more and more for old tech. .
            "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Awesome job WA! Nice to see it come to fruition. Here's hoping for the best for you.

Comment

Awesome. This gets me excited for the things to come!

Comment

Its funny one of the things that jumped out at me was the simple fuel flow meter, I thought was pretty cool!

Do the new touch screen boats have that already? Can you see the fuel burn on the new boats?

As the resident session hog on my boat.... not sure I like the session timer
                  Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Good gravy, this looks delicious! I wish I could get my hands on one now as I outfit my little old 24Ve with a better cruise control as we speak. I guess I proceed with the install and see if an electronics company ends up selling this? Then I could rip the retrofit.

Well done, very very nice. Exciting-- and looks like you guys have invested a great deal of great innovation into this. Congratulations!
                    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Here I am all proud of myself for re-working the cruise and throttle on my 2006 (stealing advice from everyone out there), meanwhile WAB is designing an automated, angle-sensing tablet based wake integration system!

LOL! I yield to you, sir!
                      I am glad there are people smarter than me out there, otherwise we would have NOTHING nice!

Bravo again! Godspeed on the sale!
                      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Very cool system, Congrats!! Something like this integrated in my older boat would help me get over the idea of buying a new one!

Comment

Very nice system. I have put it out to a "start up guy" for consideration since it looks as if that is the stage you are at. Very nice design with a lot of practical use.
                          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I had the pleasure of seeing this in prototype form on WA's boat about 18 months ago. I was floored by ease of use and the possibilities it presents for upgrades/add-ons in the future. It is a pretty amazing system - one of the things that really struck me was when someone would move from one side of the boat to the other side, the pumps would automatically kick on for a few seconds to adjust the boat and keep the hull attitude the same. It was that sensitive and quick.

Congratulations and good luck, WA!

Comment

Very cool. As an engineer this makes my night to see that someone is thinking about the future and not just stuck on "tradition". Good luck!
                              "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Working...
                              X