2009 24Ve Ballast Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 24Ve Ballast Set Up

I'm considering the purchase of a gently used 09 24Ve - 280 hours - very well maintained. The boat has stock ballast.

If I purchased this boat, I'd want to install extra ballast in the rear lockers. I owned a 24V a few years ago. I had this boat plumbed for front and rear ballast - good results.

A few questions:

1) What size bags fit in the 24Ve rear lockers without modification?
    2) Can the new bags be plumbed into the existing system?
    3) Are the stock pumps sufficient to fill the tanks and extra bags?
    4) How difficult is it to install extra rear bags? Plumbing my 06 24V was beyond my skill set. The cost of the install was meaningful.

We'll use the boat for wake surfing, wake boarding and skiing. I'm also considering a 15 Mojo with the auto flow surf package. However, this boat is $24,00 more than the 09 24Ve.

I searched the forum for past posts. However, any additional input would be helpful.

Thanks!

Paul
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

1) A custom enzo type is going to give you 1300+ in the rear corner surf side with no mod'ing the locker

2) I would avoid a traditional piggyback install. I would either mimic the 2010 Surf/Pro ballast plumbing or plumb the new surf sacs in with their own plumbing. Since you intend to use the boat for wake boarding, the later option will give you the most flexibility.

3) Yes, but you are looking at 15-18 minutes to fill or drain one rear side with the addition of a large surf sac.

4) Thats going to depend on #2.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

2 years late to the thread...but....

I just bought a 2009 Tige 24ve and love it. Trying to dial in the surf wave and find things out about the boat....we are primarily interested in wakesurfing

1. Stock pumps take FOREVER to empty...unless driving the boat...then it is much faster...reason?
      2. IF I wanted to replace pumps for stock ballast for faster filling/empty.....any suggestions?
      3. I have the piggy back with 750's in the rear lockers....they don't fill, but DO drain via the piggyback system....meaning I use a Tsunami pump to fill and factory system to drain.....reasons/thoughts?
      4. Tige Speedset seems to stuck on Memory 2 and I can't clear out the memory and insert new settings......the faster and slower buttons don't seem to "toggle" between the Memory settings. However, speedset does work on Memory 2.......any ideas?
      4. Best ballast setting for the boat is still eluding me....and increasing taps setting only washes out the wake....thoughts?

Thanks so much....I hope to contribute rather than just asking questions....but I am new to the boat and don't have a ton of info on or about it yet.

Comment

#3 is the cause of #1. A traditional piggyback setup is not going to work well with aerator pumps. The slow draining is likely due to the plumbing schematic. The tanks may be vacuum locked. They may be emptying ahead of the sac that are not gravity draining as they should.

With that said. Even with the plumbing improved, its still going to take about 10 minutes to drain a 250 hard tank and about 700 from the sac. Even longer if you install larger sac.

A 750 (likely holds less) is about 500 shy of what that boat needs for a listed wave.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t=24ve+ballast

Comment

One of my favorite reads...

Comment

Working...
            X