prop rotation direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prop rotation direction

Does anyone know what the standard prop rotation direction is on a 2005 24V?

All Tiges i know of are standard rotation boats. I haven't heard of any reverse rotation ones out there. Here is a great link to a prop finder for your boat.

http://www.wakemakers.com/tige-wakeb...oat-propellers

Comment

I believe it's clockwise. Are you getting a new prop? Go 5 blade! It's the future
      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

That is a nice prop finder. It shows the 1235 prop, but I thought that the diameter for the 1235 was too large (14.5") for the 24V??

Comment

The only issue I have heard with the size of the 1235 was on some 13's with boat mate trailers. That was to the prop guard not an issue with the boat. Give Spencer a call at wake makers(where I got that prop finder) and talk with them. They are very knowledgeable and great to work with.

Comment

I just found a used 1433 on Craigslist for a good price and jumped on it. I just have to wait 3 months to see how it performs. I measured the clearance on my existing 537 with 13.5" diameter and I fee that going up a full inch to the 1235 would be cutting it too close. The trailer clearance is fine it's the boat that's the problem on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by CDAWaves View Post
              That is a nice prop finder. It shows the 1235 prop, but I thought that the diameter for the 1235 was too large (14.5") for the 24V??
              Yes, it can be on a V hull. I highly recommend people contact ACME for the absolute best prop suggestions. The 1235 may be an option, but not the only one. As pointed out, trailer clearance has been an issue with some boatmate trailers, but with the V hull, its hull clearance. The V hull did not have as much rocker as the Ve, so the 14.5" 1235 gets real close to the hull. This creates hull burn.

Your boat needs a left hand prop with a tapered 1.125 (1-1/8") shaft.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chp. I learned from Acme today that you can tell right and left rotation from the prop number. Prop #'s ending in an odd number are left (standard) rotation and even is right rotation. So the 537 I have and the 1433 I'm getting both end odd so they're the same rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by CDAWaves View Post
                  Thanks chp. I learned from Acme today that you can tell right and left rotation from the prop number. Prop #'s ending in an odd number are left (standard) rotation and even is right rotation. So the 537 I have and the 1433 I'm getting both end odd so they're the same rotation.
                  Cool! Thanks for sharing that. I can now sound super smart on the floating lake pub.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Working...
                  X