Battery tender recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery tender recommendations

Working on getting the boat ready for the season. I'm going to add a battery tender. I have dual batteries, so I was thinking of a 2 bank charger. Looking at Noco Genius 2, batterytender, MinnKota, or Guest... But, looking at the reviews it seems like one of the charging bank often fail. Is it better to have separate units? Either way, what chargers are recommended? Thanks.

This is the same as what the newer Tige boats come with:http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...-Bank&i=762336

Some on here have said the genius 2 are excellent also. I have had no issues with my pro mariner like above and have a lot of stereo equipment in boat.

Comment

the majority I see use the Promariner Prosport but my new boat came with the Powermania:
      http://www.powermaniausa.com/m212.html

We'll see how it does!

Comment

I have the promariner and it works great and we have had no issues with it.

Comment

But, looking at the reviews it seems like one of the charging bank often fail
          Id be willing to bet that those poor reviews are from owners that used too little of a charger on a bank with too much Ah and they quickly burned out one bank because it was too much load.

NO, a 2 bank is fine for 2 banks, its all about not overloading the charger with a banks thats too much in Ah. Whats the Ah of each bank?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I installed the genius dual bank but it's too early to say how it works. I've been very impressed with genius to date on other applications.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

We use the Genius battery tenders on some of our farm equipment. I have one on a few tractors and semis and have good luck so far. Not sure if they make a marine specific model but they seem to make a decent product.

Comment

Does anyone have pictures of where it's installed from the factory?
                2015 Tigé RZR Black and Tangerine, Raptor 400

Comment

I have a 4 bank NOCO genius charger and have had it for 4 yrs or so and have never had an issue. I plug in the charger when I put the boat up and the next day all charged up and ready to head out

Comment

Just bought the Dual Pro PS2 off Amazon. No experience yet, but their products are about as highly rated as they come.
                    2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Working...
                    X