2010 ve ballast, stereo?'s etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 ve ballast, stereo?'s etc.

hi there, hopefully have a 2010 22ve soon, it has factory hard tanks and looks to be 2 separate bags upfront, I have been searching for more info on ballast as to what this boat needs and there seems to be discrepancy between different years of 22ve as to what you can fit in for size of sacks, I wiil be leaving in the hard tanks for wakeboarding and that the weight is low, what size are mikes custom bags, I only want to do this once, maybe not all at once but get the right bags the first time, would like to eventually do both sides and a x over pump, do I need to drill more holes or can you y off the existing holes in the boat. The new pumps would obviously be on a separate system so could continue to use the tt for the stock tanks, are the stock bags upfront enough?

Next is, the sub is the stock wetsounds sub, is it best to leave it alone or is there any mods to do to it to make it better, stocks wetsounds stereo with added exile 7" towers and a rockford fosgate amp. Not spending more money on the stereo just work with what I have.

Also does the 22ve need the mudflap, if so what is best system so far, have looked at a few from floppy to rigid.

thanks

there seems to be discrepancy between different years of 22ve as to what you can fit in for size of sacks
    There shouldnt be. The Ve hull never changed through its entire existence. The only change made that had any impact, was the introduction of the in-floor tanks in 09. This raised the locker floor about 2". So in regards to a sac, they had little effect.

what size are mikes custom bags,
    Ive heard they hold roughly 1200+ on the port side and 1100+ on the STBD side with the cooler. Id guess they are about 90" total length

do I need to drill more holes or can you y off the existing holes in the boat.
    More than likely, but how many will depend on how you decide to fill and drain them independently of the bass ballast. At a minimum, you will want to add a vent thru-hull and cross the vent lines.

are the stock bags upfront enough?
    I think for most Ve owners, they find that the Ve does not need a lot of bow weight, so you may likely find the wake is dialed with just the stock bow weight.

Next is, the sub is the stock wetsounds sub, is it best to leave it alone or is there any mods to do to it to make it better
    If my memory serves my right, the 2010's still had a 4 ohm DVC 10fa wired in parallel. This nets you 300+ watts RMS to it. Thats good power for that woofer. So if its still tuned correctly, it will have good performance. From there, you could step up to a 12" woofer in an enclosure and milk the Syn-6 for all of its available 600W rms.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

thank you mike, I had sent you an email regarding pricing and such, when you find time could you have a look and let me know pls, thanks for all your info. Also are you bags diff. than the wake maker 84" enzo bags, cause they say they hold 930 I think, thanks again

Comment

Sorry, im behind due to boat show last week. Closed last night so im back in the shop and playing catch up now.

The 84" sac is the Fly High W005, so its available through any Fly high dealer My custom sacs are made by Fly High just for me, so its the same build quality and threaded ports. My sac is larger so we can get the most out of the Ve lockers without modifying the locker walls. My custom has one extra port I believe. I think Fly High added two to their original design, so it has 6, mine has 7.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

dukesofhazard: I'm glad you asked about the fat sacs as well as I was wondering the same thing as I recently saw that Fly High made one as well. Wasn't sure if/what the difference was.

Mudflap: From what I have read from other people's experiences is that they have added a flap once Fresh Air Exhaust has been added as it can put up a bit more spray. I will be adding FAE this year so I'll see what effect it does have on the wave. Otherwise without I haven't really noticed the wave being that washed or dirty. As far as material to be used Horse Stall Mat which is fairly stiff seems to be the better option.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
            Mudflap: From what I have read from other people's experiences is that they have added a flap once Fresh Air Exhaust has been added as it can put up a bit more spray. I will be adding FAE this year so I'll see what effect it does have on the wave. Otherwise without I haven't really noticed the wave being that washed or dirty. As far as material to be used Horse Stall Mat which is fairly stiff seems to be the better option.
            I have a 22Ve with FAE, I don't notice any spray.

Comment

well thats great, I just wanna do the ballast once and do it right, may not be able to do it all at once, but do it once and add on to it, ie: port then starboard.
              BCRider, I saw that boat last year and said to my wife this is a good deal, and pow you had already scooped it up, congrats, hope you are having fun with it.

Comment

chp hooked me up with the "regular" side bag, 2 pumps and all the hoses to do the job. we run his custom sac on the regular side and some of the factory nose weight and love the wave. with anything less than 5 people, really need another 400 in the cabin, but with 5 or more, no more weight is needed.
                can't speak to the goofy side as we are still running factory. no goofy riders in the house.

chp can send all the wiring if you add additional drain/fill as integrating into the tt panel takes some work but if you are comfortable with wiring in relays, it's all pretty easy and no additional wiring needs to be ran to the pumps.

only word of advice- crossvent the drain/vent lines if you are updating bags. I wish I had done the first time and am going to have to do this spring. lots of passive draining.
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

thanks, yeah i will def. cross vent, I want the system to be good if it just me and the wife and 2 small kids, so maybe need an aux line y'd off the sac to fill a another bag in the cabin, I will wire it separate from the tt, so i can use the factory ballast to wakeboard with. I had seen some guys have 1400lb enzo sacs so that is where I was talking about discrepancies with other 22ve, I guess they prob don't have stock tanks in then though. where do you put the extra 400lbs

Comment

Dukesofhazzard. The enzo sac would be too long for a 22ve as the bag is about 102" in total length and the 22ve only has approximately 90". Not to say it wouldn't work but wouldn't fully fill to the compartment restriction.

Funny you say that. I constantly look at Craigslist even with now having bought that boat last year. That day I saw the add within an hour of posting and called the guy (thursday). went and looked at it on a Friday night as he was leaving for the weekend. We then did a test drive on the Monday at which point I bought the boat right away. I couldn't haggle as he had a list of 12 people ready to come look at it including another person that was trying to buy the boat a few years ago when this guy was looking at it...going for round too.lol. I figured it was a really good deal as well so I was fine with the price. It's been great and I put just over 70 hours on it last year. Now time for some upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                    X