speed control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speed control

Ok Tige owners I need a bit of help.. I have a 2006 22v that has been and still is an awesome boat. I have it set up perfectly and one of the best waves on our lake.. the only issue is , as far as I can tell there is no speed control that i can install on this year of tige.. is that so? I have contacted perfect pass and zero off speed control and so far nothing.. also heard tige speed control is also not a good match.. any help would be great...

Is your a V or Ve? 06 was the last year of the V and first year of the Ve. Some of those 06 V models stilled used the cable driven marine power engine, where as the Ve was getting the new DBW marine power engine. Look under the engine cowl at the throttle. Is there a cable and lever assembly or a motor with an electrical plug? Just dont confuse that with the IAC motor as both will have one.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mine is v and I will have to look at the engine. I may have to take a pic of it to be sure .. thanks

Comment

which style will allow me to put on perfect pass?

Comment

You might want to check these guys out as well. I have one on my 07 22Ve and found it to work really well.

www.nauticlogic.com

Comment

My understanding: The 2006 22ve's came with a factory speed control device called tige speed set. I'm assuming since you got a "V", yours doesn't have it. These 2006 22ve's were mostly drive-by-wire (DBW) engines, which will not work with perfect pass or any kind of throttle-cable driven speed control device. If you search around here, you'll see people complaining about not being able to swap out their speed-set with a perfect pass because of the drive-by-wire style of throttle.

If you have a regular throttle-cable style, you'll be able to add perfect pass to your boat. If you don't and have a drive-by-wire throttle going on, search around here for people that have had the issues above. I recall seeing a couple people that were going to try and engineer their way back to a throttle-cable style in order to use a perfect pass.

Comment

Originally posted by bsgoebel View Post
              which style will allow me to put on perfect pass?
              Cable driven
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

There were also a handful of 2006 boats that had a PCM power plant. If you have PCM, you would be golden as well.

Whammond, I got called out recently because I thought the same thing. There were a small number of Ve boats that had the cable. Dan and Christy on this forum is one of them. He has a 2006 22Ve with perfect pass and MP engine. EDIT: you said 'mostly', I'm just clarifying, rambling, increasing my post count...
                Last edited by talltigeguy; 02-10-2015, 05:00 AM.
                Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Increasing my post count: I have an 06 22ve with MP and Perfect Pass. Lucked out!!!
                  "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

so this is a pic of engine.. I am guessing it is DBW and I am out of luck with perfect pass right?IMG_2798.JPG

Comment

Perfect pass can be added to a DBW engine but will requier quite ammount of modifying, (1) you will need a PCM pps sensor which comes with a throttle cable lever on it, (2) you will need a new shifter which uses the old style throttle cable, or a good used shifter, (3) and then you simply move the pps wiring plug which is currently on your boat to the PCM pps sensor and hook Perfect Pass up just like non DBW with cable , this is how CC did it for years before they switched to Zero Off.

Comment

Per the formula spelled out by Dom--I am converting my 06 to cable throttle. I plan to post a summary on the process. I researched with Marine Power as well. Not that Dom doesn't know what he is talking about! But I removed my stock throttle lever, replaced it with a Morse MV3 style (slight but easy customization required), ran a 23' cable back to motor same route as shift cable, and hooked to a potentiometer (PPS) and bracket I bought from Marine Power. Once I mount that solidly I will buy a Hydrophase Ridesteady speed control system and be in biz! I am simply gonna replace my Faria Speedo with the hydrophase unit. Before I chopped a hole in my trim panel, I unplugged the OE PPS and plugged in the new one and she fired right up and responded to throttle.

By George I think this is gonna work just fine. $200 for lever, $200 for PPS and bracket combo, $45 for cable. Free labor. Hydrophase is same as stargazer PP at $1150.

Here is a teaser photo of new throttle:
                        Attached Files
                        Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Awesome work! Can't wait until you get it all hooked up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Working...
                          X