1433 Prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1433 Prop?

I am upgrading ballast this spring and was starting to think I might need a new prop. I found a 1433 used that I might be able to get for a decent price but want to make sure it is an upgrade from my stock prop. I have a 2013 Z1 with VX.

We surf 85% of the time and are not worried about top speed.

Thoughts?

We went from the stock prop (537?) To the 1433. It made a noticeable difference. We had upgraded to the Wake9 sacs and had plenty of power. If you had a 13 Boatmate you most likely could not get a 1235 on there anyway so the 1433 would be your best option. For a good price I say get it!
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Thanks Dandy. What did you feel when you had the stock prop on?

Comment

dmb - after changing the prop, we noticed a quicker pull to plane (hole shot) then we had with the stock prop. With the additional weight of the ballast upgrade, I really don't think that the stock prop would get to speed well with surf side full, bow full and a little off side ballast. After upgrading the ballast and prop, we had one day that we had around 10-11 in the boat and the boat could hardly hold surf speed with the 1433. I probably should have not filled ballast as full with all the people looking back...HUGE wave though just took a while to form it.
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

We had a 22Ve that came with the 537, once we added ballast it would hardly get on plane. Upgrading to the 1433 produced a night and day difference. Faster on plane, less RPM while wakeboarding and less fuel consumption. Believe it or not, we didn't lose any top end speed because the 340 MP motor didn't have enough ponies to reach it anyway with the 537 out back. Highly recommend making the upgrade, especially if you are at a higher elevation.

Comment

How does the 1433 compare to 1235?

Comment

I am in such of a 1433 for my Z1 now. I'm not having any luck on a used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by little_criket View Post
                How does the 1433 compare to 1235?
                Smaller diameter on the 1433. 14" vs 14.5" I think the 22v will only fit the 1433. On mine the biggest I was comfortable with was a 14" prop. I currently run a 1617 and it's even more aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Acme told me the 1433 was essentially the same performance as the 1235 just in a 14"

Sent from my Passport

Comment

Has anyone tried the 1433 on a 24V with 5.7 MP 340HP? I get occasional cavitation with the stock 537 and last summer had ballast full with 10 adults and the motor was screaming to keep at wakesurf speed.

Comment

You're gaining .5" in dia, so thats a fair amount more surface area for bite. It will also counter the normal RPM increase when down pitching.
                      Last edited by chpthril; 02-11-2015, 12:49 AM.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by CDAWaves View Post
                        Has anyone tried the 1433 on a 24V with 5.7 MP 340HP? I get occasional cavitation with the stock 537 and last summer had ballast full with 10 adults and the motor was screaming to keep at wakesurf speed.
                        Is the boat still treating you well?
                        A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

Yep, we are loving it. Went to the boat show this weekend and didn't see anything that fits our family better. We are finally getting a Tige dealer here which will be nice for service. Thanks for selling us the old rig!

You been out on your shiny new

Comment

1433 is better than the 537 and handles the 2014 Z1 stock surf ballast fine, but you will notice cavitation at times depending on conditions, but the 1235 is much better with upgraded Wake 9 sacks in the rear lockers, 800lbs in bow and a 750lbs on the floor. I also upgraded to a 1235 on my 08 Z1
                            "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Working...
                            X