07 RZ2 underwater light and front docking lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07 RZ2 underwater light and front docking lights

I was wondering if anyone has ever swapped out the factory docking lights and the rear underwater light for something brighter and actually useful? the factory ones do very little and it would be nice to have some decent LEDs in there that will fit and produce decent light. any help or suggestions?

For the bow docking lights, leave the assembly and just swap the incandescent bulbs for LED bulbs. Just be aware, these are not head lights, so their projection range is limited.

For the underwater light, there are plenty of bright LED lights available, but the issue is that the OEM one is a thru-hull style that will leave 2" hole in the transom. The bulb is serviceable, but not sure an LED bulb swap would be much brighter.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ok, now just gotta track down some proper bulbs for these things. I'm not looking for "headlights" just something that actually gives me some light when docking or getting on the trailer once it's dark. I had a light rack on my tower but it was pretty much useless too.

Anybody actually swapped these bulbs before and had any luck?

Comment

Pull the bulbs and look on the base for the universal trade number. From there, you can find an equivalent LED with the same universal base.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Not sure if there is a difference from the RZ to the Ve, but my stock docking lights work great and provide more than ample light for docking. I love being out on the boat at night and get plenty of use out of the docking lights. I don't have any under water transom lights but looking to add one or two in the near future.
          I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Comment

Hey chpthril I have to replace the port-side dock-light bulb, have you ever pulled one? My question is do I have to get to the back of the housing? Or can I get it from the front by unscrewing it? Thanks
            Last edited by t-n-t; 02-01-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Take the bow speaker out

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                Pull the bulbs and look on the base for the universal trade number. From there, you can find an equivalent LED with the same universal base.
                Thanks! That worked like a charm for me. I got a replacement from NDR Electric.

Comment

thanks for sharing this thread. the manufacturing department is most important for any production level. I have the Railway Spares production company.

Comment

Working...
                  X