Need help' new to tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help' new to tige

Ill be purchasing a boat next year and this year I'll be demoing the centurion fs22 and Supreme s226. The fs33 is too tall to fit in my garage with the bimini. I have never took a hard look at tige until recently. I'll be doing 90% surf and I'm also a goofy rider. That being said there are a few requirements that need to be met for me to even want to look at purchasing a boat.

1. Needs to fit in my garage. It's 25ft long with a 8ft. Tall garage door. I'm not sure if any of the tige boats will work with this seeing how deep their hulls are. Of course the measurement would be with the tower down.

2. I want a clean and nice goofy wave.

Other than that I'm in the dark with tige. What models should I be looking at and what are your thoughts in comparison with the waves for the centurion models listed above and the supreme? Do tiges have the ability to change up sides like ramfill? Or some sort of surf system? Thanks for your input guys.

other than the ASR, I think the other models should fit your 8' door with tower down, unless you go crazy on custom trailer wheels.

25ft is going to be the trick, especially with the VX or AVX. A 22ve or RZ2 is snug at that on the trailer even with a folding tongue. An RZ trailer may likely even have a longer tongue in order to prevent the tips from tricking the tow truck in turns.

At this point, Tige does not have a means to transfer sided as with surf gate or NSS, nor do they have a rapid means of transferring ballast

Depends on one's definition of a surf system http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...uot&highlight=
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My 2014 Z3 will just fit under my 8ft door, but I think around 27 or 28ft with tongue folded. I love this boat. Would cut a hole in my garage if I had to.

Comment

An RZ2 would fit pretty good. I squeezed mine under my 7 foot door and with the tongue folded i think its under 24ft with the platform on. The goofy wave is decent too, but it might not be as good as some of the other new boats.

Comment

My Z1 fit inside my garage. It was an 82" high door and I measured the length to be exactly 23'10" from the nose of the boat to the back of the platform. So a Z3 would be exactly 25'4". The fold away tongue is obviously also required.

Comment

My 2009 Z1 fits in my garage 21ft 8" x 7ft. Have to remove the swim platform and drop the trim tab. image.jpg

Comment

if going new, it was pointed out by Tony at Tige that it would not be practical to remove the platform/avx daily/weekly and would be a chore that if you had to, only do at end of season for winter layup. after studying them at the boat show last weekend, I see that removing it would be a pita.. that being said, at a 25ft garage, the rzr and z1 would be the only option that I see. I have a 22ve(same as rz2) and I don't see it fitting in a 25ft garage comfortably with platform/avx attached. 8ft door, as chp mentioned should not be an issue for any boat other than the avx. my 22ve went under a 7ft door, although it was very tight.
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

My 15 Z3 with convex attached is 308" or 25'6" long on trailer with tongue folded
                110" or 9'1.6" wide on trailer at widest point
                90" or 7.5' tall at the tallest point with the tower folded sitting on a boatmate trailer with 18" rims

The z3 would be my boat of choice obviously if you are wanting to surf, but given your garage specs it won't fit. The Z1 is probably the next best Tige boat model for you if you are wanting new that is. Otherwise look at some of the older 22ve boats as they are excellent all around multi sport boats. The Z1 is very sizable and easily weighted to throw an extremely nice wave on both sides. There are many videos on here about them so do a search. As chp said define "surf system", meaning if you want a simple touch button side to side switch system then tige isn't for you. Now if you don't mind like most of us do to wait a few minutes for the boat to switch sides and have a killer wave then TIGE all the way! Here is a link to a good write up on "surf systems" that might help.

http://wake9.com/community/content.p...f-Surf-Systems

I have no experience with centurion so can't help you there, and have no desire to even look at a centurion as I love all the tige boats I've ever owned. Not only that but love the Tige community and their followers.

As most on here will say shop around and test them all. Make sure the dealer if is is a dealer your looking at is a good fit for you as your boat will eventually need a repair shop. A good dealer is a large part of the buying decision. Take some time and tour the factory in Abilene tx if able to and even call the Tige factory for advice. You will be blown away with the hospitality at Tige.

Comment

Removing a vx platform is a 2 person job and removing an avx platform I don't see happening unless for service or repair.this is going to limit either the age size or options
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You could possibly squeeze out a couple more feet if you have room to swing the boat in at an angle.

Comment

The rzr would fit with plenty of room to spare. Go bigger. My RZR is in our 20ft with 7ft door with the platform on, tongue folded. It is angled but it is in there.

Comment

Height wise you should be fine with anything that is not an ASR. Our RZ2 fit in our garage no problem. However my bay is 35ft deep. I have tons of room behind it and in front of it with the tongue not folded and the swim platform still on. I would think with just the tongue folded you could fit any of their 20ft models and probably a Z1. RZ2 might be tough if you get the AVX.

Comment

I can't help you with the garage, but I can tell you my z3 throws an awesome goofy wave. My wife surfs goofy and loves it.

Comment

I bought a 2011 RZ2 because I liked the goofy wake. It would be a close fit. I'm building a 30 foot deep and I would guess I have right at about 5 feet left with tongue folded

Comment

I've had a '14 Z1 with VX and now a '15 Z1 with AVX. Absolutely love the surf wave behind this boat. We have a 19'x19' garage and put the boat in on the diagonal with the platform and AVX attached through a 7 ft door. On the '14 VX and platform removal was quick but definitely 2 person job. On the 15' AVX removal requires a bit more planning but it can be done, but I wouldn't recommend doing it frequently and it is definitely a 2+ man job. If you are interested in a Z1 go check out Wake9 videos on youtube of the 2013 Polar Bear. A 2013 Z1 was one of the boats used.

Comment

Working...
                              X