Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real word on the street. Can or Can't you buy a vx for used boat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real word on the street. Can or Can't you buy a vx for used boat.

Found a 2013 z1 no vx, nobody can seem to give a real answer if you can or can't buy a vx for it. Does it need it? thanks

The street probably isn't the greatest place to find the real word Email Tige and ask them. They usually reply in a couple hours.

Your boat is built for it, so its not a matter of whether or not it can.... its only a matter of whether or not they will sell it to you.

Doesn't need it, but it helps.

Comment

Boardman told me that you can no longer get the vx from the factory. Maybe they still have a few laying around but who knows . It's worth an email I suppose

Comment

I have been told by both the dealer I used to work for and the factory that the fixed VX is no longer an option or manufactured. Couple that with as of right now the AVX is not retrofittable. Basically if it didn't come with it, its not going to have it. I do not and have never claimed to know everything so if its important I would email the factory. Lee or Harvey would be a good place to start.

Wouldn't be any laying around. They are like a windshield, they were never stocked and when ordered where custom made and drop shipped.

Comment

Wouldn't it be possible to just have a copy made by a decent fiberglass guy? I'm not exactly sure how things like that work as far as patents but if your not selling them you should be ok, i think.

Comment

If u do end up getting one u will need to change ur platform as well the vx and platform is a package, the vx platform is smoother and doesn't cut into the wave and it also is smoothed off and tapered on the edges
            surf till u die.

Comment

with all the 22ve/rz2 older models out there and the similar hulls, along with the older style z1's, surprised no one has glassed a version and tried to sell. not a large volume item, but bet there would be a few hundred sold if price was right. not much in materials to them, it's all labor.
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

straight from tige, no vx anymore, so if it didn't come with it, you are outta luck. I agree though I can't believe someone still hasn't got their own version out yet, what happened to wicked, thought it was close, be interesting to say the least. But there you have officially from tige.

Comment

^^Thats what I was told also, since the AVX release in October.

This is one of the things that really bothers me about Tige. How fast things change and how there is no backwards compatibility/ support for anything. The VX was released Spring of 2013 and discontinued and no longer available by October of 2014. If thats not a flash in the pan, not sure what is. Anyone ever heard of the Centurion switchblade…about the same like expectancy. It would be different if the still had support for it or if the AVX had some rearward compatibility, but with neither they are really hosing customers with boats that are only one model year old. Not only that, but they are hosing their dealers as there are tons of 2014 hold overs out there. They really have a "what have you done for me lately attitude". Buy new or you don't matter. I wouldn't buy a 15 with AVX right now, because in its current form its not going to last long and you will be stuck with another product they don't support.

Comment

If Tige isn't supplying it, I don't see why they wouldn't find a third party to serve the aftermarket. I can't imagine them being upset by it. I wouldn't be surprised if a 3rd party built them to start with!

Comment

I'm pretty sure they were third party build and not in-house.

Comment

Glad I got mine when I did for 12 Z3. I agree that there should be some model support for the few year old 100k boats.

Comment

Originally posted by boardman74 View Post
                          Anyone ever heard of the Centurion switchblade…about the same like expectancy.
                          board- the switchblade was used for several years on the centurion boats and is still available. I know I saw it at our local dealer for 3 model years. going on 11 or 12 years in production. support and product is still available, unlike the vx.
                          http://switchbladewake.com/about-us
                          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Guess that makes what Tige is doing even worse. Even Centurion is supporting non current models. I just don't see how Tige can continue to drop this stuff and be like "sorry bout cha" to the guy who dropped 90-100K last week.

Comment

exactly, at the same though, how come no one is making something like this, like all the homemade surfgates, I cant imagine it being that difficult for a bodyman to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X