Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some winter lake time in my life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some winter lake time in my life.

I live in Denver and need to get to a lake sooner than later. Any suggestion on the closest public or semi public lake I can go to with water temp 60 degrees or higher?

20141226_130159.jpgIMG_8843.jpg

Dont know about the closest to hit 60 but i can say from experience, Lake mead to the south is mid 50's this time of year. Here in NC, where we have yet to see our 1st snow, our lakes are sub 60. Good luck finding your warm water.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

SoCal lakes are in the mid to upper 50s right now.

Comment

This is an interesting thread as I am located in Minneapolis and will be looking at somewhere to go the first weekend in April. Where is the closest lake that will be decent at that point (given usual circumstances in the midwest)?

TIA

Comment

C'mon out to so cal!!! We've been surfing behind our 30' ocean boat in 63* water and sun for the past couple weeks. Seriously easier than dragging the boat out to the lake (15min vs 1.5 hours). However, first week of April we may be hanging with some other tire owners at lake Mohave…maybe a springtime reunion is looming?….
          And I'll take any and all of you out on the ocean if you want, (PM me if you are coming out) full breakwater for clean water and no sharks…I think
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

@ boatwakes - We WILL take you up on that sometime this year!

Comment

Went out on Lake Houston this afternoon but no one brave enough to get in. Sunny and 67 degrees but water temp showed 57 on the boat. USGS site show around 50 degrees at 10ft depth. Too cold for me.

Comment

Scott,

We were on Lake Houston Saturday (Air 64*) and I couldn't resist. Was able to get in 3 sets before my feet froze and had a blast. Water was showing 53.2* by the damn. Felt good to get her out for a cruise.

Surf_LH_53.jpg
                -Brandon Lucas
                Houston, Tx

Comment

Dan, just roll down to Pueblo...they are riding there with dry suits.... This would be the week. Air temps in the 60's and water in the 40's you should be good to go!!!!

Comment

We were on the USJ on Saturday and wakeboarded from about 1 - 5...in drysuits of course.

Comment

Yeah, I'm gonna have to get a drysuit. We just cruised from The Commons over to Kingwood and had lunch.

Comment

Smcqueen -

Are you a member of GCWA? If so, are you going to Freeze Ride in a couple of weeks?

Comment

Nope. New to the sport. We mostly surf. I'll have to look up the Freeze Ride.

Comment

George, we are going tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                            X