No announcement yet.

Tow Vehicle: 2010-2013 Ford Explorer V6 (non-ecoboost) towing 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all the considerations. Yes I will be towing it from a storage unit approximately a half of a mile to the boat ramp. No steep inclines along the way. The boat ramp is average incline and concrete with grooves. I currently have a Silverado 1500 that I pull a 23v with but I'd like to get rid of it because other than towing the boat I have no need for it anymore. I hunt but rarely ever need 4wd and now I have another vehicle for that anyway. I'm trying to talk my wife into an Expedition but as many of you are probably married, you will know once they get their head on something it's hard to convince otherwise. She really likes the Explorers, as do I, but it would be worth it getting rid of a truck we don't need to get an SUV that's double duty....The main thing is, I just wanted to make sure it'd actually pull it decently up the ramp and not cause any damage to the drivetrain.
    2002 Tige 2300V Limited

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
      You don't want to be this guy (action starts at 0:15 into the video)....
      BAHAHAHAHA
      2002 Tige 2300V Limited

Comment

Have her look at the Toyota 4Runner or a Sequoia. The sequoia is a little smaller than the expedition, but has more interior space and a more powerful engine than the expedition with the same mpg. My wife and I were all set to get an expedition but we were waiting for the Ecoboost engine, but that didn't come until 2 years after we needed the larger vehicle. The sequoia has been great and my wife loves it. She likes driving it better than the expedition because she can see better over the hood and the hood is shorter with the front tires more forward so she can maneuver it better in a tight parking lot.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I would have a look at the Dodge Durango with the v6 it can tow 6000 and with the v8 7000. But you have to get the factory towing package which is hard to find

Comment

Yup, durango is a good alternative also, and so is the Jeep Grand Cherokee
            2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
            2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

Working...
            X