Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z1 vs Axis A22/T22

Hey all,

I have a buddy looking at getting a new boat next Summer. He is looking at a Z1, Axis A22/T22 (with Surfgate) and possibly a Centurion. He will surf 90% of the time. What are your thoughts on the Axis? Anyone surf one?

Thanks!

Z1 or RZR
    Nick
    Dayton, Ohio

Comment

I have a 2014 Z1 now and had a A22 previously. Surf wave Tige! Wakeboarding Axis. The Z boats make an amazing surf wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If he doesn't mind listing the boat heavy, having the controls split left (stereo, switch, bilge controls...) and right (touch controls) the Centurion should put out a great wave (Enzo Hull) along with having the walk through slightly blocked by the angled observer seat. I know you really didn't ask about this, but it was listed (no surf wave pun intended). Otherwise if the heavy list is an issue - as it is for many - then the Tige all the way. The overall styling and the TT (especially the TT2) is a much cleaner look and the TT2 seems to be a much easier to navigate system. Naturally, this is just my personal opinion.
        "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

as dandy mentioned, my opinion....
          centurion over the z1 depending on model. if it's the enzo23 or 24. stay away from the 21 series as iirc they are not the same hull and don't have the same surf rep that the larger enzo's have. if it's an fx hull, don't know much about them. axis woudn't be in contention unless you want a wakeboard boat or really can't stomach a listed boat at all.
          shop for a leftover z3 tho and blow them all away
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

The A22 has always and probably will always excel as a wakeboarding boat. Surfgate is nice but it isn't going to create a better wave to ride than a Tige loaded up properly. The surf wave might look prettier with surfgate but I can tell you from surfing various Bu's with it and surfing Tige's that on a hull like the A22 that was designed for wakeboarding it just isn't going to make up the difference. This comes from putting 250+ hours on our 2010 A22 and 400+ hours on our 2012 RZ2.

Comment

Working...
            X