Samson Spinner Racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samson Spinner Racks

These racks have been recommended to me time and time again to replace my present factory racks. The port side rack was torn completely off late in the summer ... don't ask.

Anyhow, my question is where would be the recommended place to purchase. I see that Bakesonline sells them for slightly less than ordering direct from Samson, but are there any other vendors or agents to check with? Also, I'm considering the surf/surf forks as opposed to the wake/surf version - anyone have any experience or wisdom to offer here? Thanks.

-tulsah
    2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

I purchased direct from Samson. Great company and quality products.
    Nick
    Dayton, Ohio

Comment

I have the Samson surf/surf on one side and wake/surf on the other and surf pockets on the bimini. If I want to carry more wakeboards or wakeskim boards I slide cut off $1.50 pool noodles over the forks and they hold the boards tight. They are great racks. If someone found out that the noodles were rated for marine use they would be $20.....
      "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

My boat has dual wake/wake samson spinners they have been great. I'm gonna but the surf/surf from samson before the summer hits cause I damaged a rack when it wasn't spun in when putting in a covered slip.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwndr View Post
          I have the Samson surf/surf on one side and wake/surf on the other and surf pockets on the bimini. If I want to carry more wakeboards or wakeskim boards I slide cut off $1.50 pool noodles over the forks and they hold the boards tight. They are great racks. If someone found out that the noodles were rated for marine use they would be $20.....
          This is a great idea. I only ever carry a single wakeboard at any time, but am always looking for ways to stow more surfboards. It appears that the wake/surf racks are specified as straight while the surf/surf racks must be at the mid angle of 15deg. Is this the case with yours and do you notice them to be much different?

Comment

Originally posted by RZRCO23 View Post
            My boat has dual wake/wake samson spinners they have been great. I'm gonna but the surf/surf from samson before the summer hits cause I damaged a rack when it wasn't spun in when putting in a covered slip.
            Sounds kinda similar to the plight of my port side rack ... Mine fell victim to a road sign at a rest stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsah View Post
              This is a great idea. I only ever carry a single wakeboard at any time, but am always looking for ways to stow more surfboards. It appears that the wake/surf racks are specified as straight while the surf/surf racks must be at the mid angle of 15deg. Is this the case with yours and do you notice them to be much different?
              Yeah they are at different angles but I honestly don't notice it. 98% of the time they are loaded and the boat is laid over to one side or the other.

Comment

After seeing how well those noodles worked, I'd go surf/surf on both if I had to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwndr View Post
                  After seeing how well those noodles worked, I'd go surf/surf on both if I had to do it again.
                  Fairly sure that's the way I'll go too. My son's is the only wakeboard we carry, and I really like the thought of being able to haul 4 surfboards in the racks, if necessary. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

I have the wake/surf/wake on both side with surf pocket in the bimini. The Samson racks work great.

Comment

I have the older Cyclone Combo racks and love them! I think I would even put them on my new boat (if I was to order one that is) over the factory ones, only thing is the black boot for the Alpha Z tower if you get a custom color!!

Comment

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Samson spinner rack rubber inserts only? Racks are for a 2009 Z1 Z tower.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ShoreS View Post
                          Does anyone know where I can purchase the Samson spinner rack rubber inserts only? Racks are for a 2009 Z1 Z tower.

Thanks
                          just call samson direct... they will take care of you. should not be a big deal for them to sell you that part.
                          2011 Tigé RZ4
                          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

I will give them a call tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                            X